Computer Crimes, Hacking My (soon to be ex) wife is threatening ID theft through online poker

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppedset

My wife was trying to blackmail me into staying with her prior to my leaving the next night. She said if I left her she would get me for identity theft. Her and I have a joint bank account (which she has now locked me out of online access by changing passwords and security questions, etc). Over the past few months her and I jointly played online poker under her name, with her debit card (sometimes we used gift cards from our bank). Her debit card is attached to our joint checking/savings account. Anyway, it was mainly me always playing the hands and I grinded a few hundred up to just under $3,000. Then the DOJ came down on the sites, if you're aware, and the funds are currently stuck and she is waiting for her check to finally be released. She blocked me out of all of that, being that it is attached attached to her name....which is fine with me. So anyway, she is trying to reap all of the reward for all of that, and then if she keeps her word, will be trying to get me for identity theft. Would her case be laughed out of court? (being that funds came out of our joint checking, mainly from my paychecks etc).

Again, this is all her word against mine for the most part, but she can obviously prove transactions were made to and from the poker sites and to and from our bank account, but never who actually did it. P.S. my card and accounts weren't used because A) I have no card and choose not to and B) because I self-excluded myself from most of the sites when I quit playing poker a couple years back. I could probably actually have the site not pay her the pending withdrawal but I have been trying to take the high ground for everything and not bother. And I think her waiting until she gets that money would show she is just out to get me anyway.

She always knew when either of us made a deposit and/or withdrawal to and from the sites and I could call a witness that took a photo of her ID (she went over to his house to have him do it) and sent it attached to my e-mail so we could upload it for a cash out. We took turns when we were playing for lower stakes, otherwise she often sat beside me and watched me play for higher stakes. All of the funds were used from our joint account, in which I made more money than her. Does she have any kind of case?

I would not give this another thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back