Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct My safety

Paul Nelson

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
I know I'm not offered parent child priviledge. I'm on paper as a witness for the state. First off, I was nowhere around when incident occurred. But my name is still on paper. I rode Harley Davidsons and belonged to veteran club. They are neutral. At times we get invited to a 1% er club house to a party. Should someone hear my name and heard I'm on paper, that in their eyes makes me a snitch, which would and is false. Now question, what gives them the right to put my life in great danger, and two, why don't they have to inform me they did this.

I know I'm not offered parent child priviledge. I'm on paper as a witness for the state. First off, I was nowhere around when incident occurred. But my name is still on paper. I rode Harley Davidsons and belonged to veteran club. They are neutral. At times we get invited to a 1% er club house to a party. Should someone hear my name and heard I'm on paper, that in their eyes makes me a snitch, which would and is false. Now question, what gives them the right to put my life in great danger, and two, why don't they have to inform me they did this.

You've not given us much context here. I have no idea why you refer to parent-child privilege (and you seem to know that there is no such privilege in evidence law). You don't tell us anything about the incident or what personal knowledge you may have of it. But very generally anyone (including the state) could put you on some list as a witness. There isn't any law that prohibits that or that requires that you be notified first before they put you on some witness list. If it is a witness list for court, the state or defense could put you on their list of expected witnesses if they believe your testimony would be at all relevant to any issue in the case.

Being listed as a witness does not automatically make anyone a "snitch." If that's the way your biker associates think then that's unfortunate but the state is not responsible for that. If you think your biker associates would do you harm over it then perhaps you need to consider distancing yourself from those associates.

With due respects, putting someone's name as a witness on paper can jeopardize their life, not just in the biker community, but in society in general. Apologies but I dont understand. Example; if we had a problem and you wanted to "land the knockout blow", you could put me as a state witness,knowing street thug would kill if they knew. Yes a stretch, but still plausible. I would think they should reason to add to that list. In earlier question, this is summary. A young man almost ran over my daughter on a motorcycle. My son found and assaulted him. I was on a club run across the state. Knew nothing until I returned home. The next day he turned himself in. Not having relevant information of the incident cause out of town, why am I on their witness list. As far as what I know about legal stand point, I try to find information on my own, without bothering someone such as you. I'm not a thug or criminal. I'm an honorably discharged, disabled veteran of the US Army. I get in no legal trouble and an active member of the community. I live in a middle class neighborhood. In today's society, you don't have to run the streets to find yourself in this position. I'm honestly not trying to be difficult, I'm trying to understand. It appears to me this could easily be used negatively against anyone. Thank you for trying to help me understand.

what gives them the right to put my life in great danger, and two, why don't they have to inform me they did this.

First of all, rather obviously, someone did inform you of this. Second, I have no idea who "they" are. Third, if the prosecutor or defense attorney in a criminal matter thinks someone is a witness, then he/she will put that person's name on a witness list (assuming that's what "on paper as a witness" means). No one needs to notify you of this. Why don't they need to notify you? Because there's no law that says they do.

Most of the rest of your post makes little sense, but if you're associating with people who will inflict violence on you solely because your name appears on a witness list, that's your problem and yours alone. Maybe you ought not to associate with such low-life criminals.

putting someone's name as a witness on paper can jeopardize their life, not just in the biker community, but in society in general.

Ummm...no. Not "in society in general." When was the last time you heard about someone being attacked solely because his/her name appeared on a witness list in connection with a criminal matter?

By the way, how would anyone know that your name is on a witness list? Let me submit to you that posting on a legal message board about an active criminal case, apparently using your real name as your screen name, is probably far more damaging than anything else. If, in fact, your screen name is your real name, you ought to give serious consideration to changing it.

A young man almost ran over my daughter on a motorcycle. My son found and assaulted him. I was on a club run across the state. Knew nothing until I returned home. The next day he turned himself in. Not having relevant information of the incident cause out of town, why am I on their witness list.

Why don't you call the person who prepared this witness list or your son's lawyer and ask? All anyone here can tell you that, just because you didn't personally witness your son's alleged crime doesn't mean you don't have relevant information. In fact, that you referred to an evidentiary privilege (albeit one that doesn't exist) suggests you already know why you might be on the list. You told us that you heard about the incident when you returned home. Since you haven't told us anything to the contrary, it's entirely likely that your son told you about the incident, and what he told you could be valuable evidence.

It appears to me this could easily be used negatively against anyone.

Sure. In theory, it could. But most folks don't behave that way.

Sorry I wasn't born privileged like you. Just asking so l could understand. Your attitude of superiority just shows me you have no clue to real life. Thank you for your time. Wondering were you get off telling me how to live my life. You're very unprofessional and I will follow up with a local attorney because your holier than tho attitude makes you bias. Would never retain you. Do not respond back cause nothing you say will I give credence to. You probably thought I would get upset and make threats. Must piss you off that I didnt.

Back