Medical Malpractice my mother died

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynnie

My mother died from cancer march 13 1999........In the summer of 1998 she started going to the doctors for adominal pain. She visit the out patience client three times before they told her she had cancer. The times prior to that she was to just have a sist on her bladder. On the fifth visit she was told that it wasnt cancer but just a sist and the doctor schedule a out patience surgery on december 7th of 1998 for removal. that sunday on the 6th She was rushed to the hospital. All of her electrolytes felled and her body shut down and went into a mild comma. she was rushed to the truma center in a different hospital then the one she was orginally going to. That night they diagnose my mother with cancer. The next day on that monday (the day of her operation with the other hospital) they called and canceled her operation. My mother stayed in the hospital for about two weeks. Within those two weeks the doctors performed a nine hour surgery on my mother's bladder to try and remove the cancer. They said the cancer had grew so big that it afixed to her adomin. So she had to to chemo therapy. In march she passed away......I need to know has the statue of limitations ran out to file a claim aginst the first hospital for neglegence. This has bother me for years to the point i would awaken out of my sleep. I just need closure because something isnt right.

:(

I don't know what state you are in and the statue of limitations for malpractice varies. What will work against you here is the passage of time -- this might be a very difficult case to prosecute so many years later and I don't know how many attorneys will want to take this case on contingency, meaning they will fund the cost of the lawsuit.
Originally posted by wynnie
My mother died from cancer march 13 1999........In the summer of 1998 she started going to the doctors for adominal pain. She visit the out patience client three times before they told her she had cancer. The times prior to that she was to just have a sist on her bladder. On the fifth visit she was told that it wasnt cancer but just a sist and the doctor schedule a out patience surgery on december 7th of 1998 for removal. that sunday on the 6th She was rushed to the hospital. All of her electrolytes felled and her body shut down and went into a mild comma. she was rushed to the truma center in a different hospital then the one she was orginally going to. That night they diagnose my mother with cancer. The next day on that monday (the day of her operation with the other hospital) they called and canceled her operation. My mother stayed in the hospital for about two weeks. Within those two weeks the doctors performed a nine hour surgery on my mother's bladder to try and remove the cancer. They said the cancer had grew so big that it afixed to her adomin. So she had to to chemo therapy. In march she passed away......I need to know has the statue of limitations ran out to file a claim aginst the first hospital for neglegence. This has bother me for years to the point i would awaken out of my sleep. I just need closure because something isnt right.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back