Personal Bankruptcy My mortgage co. is saying my mortgage wasn't reaffirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryland

When I filed for bankruptcy I reaffirmed my mortgage even though the mortgage company said I did not need to. Now my credit report and the mortgage company are showing a discharge. I have never missed or been late on a payment, and I continue to recieve statements showing payment. There is also the possibly that my lawyer never actually filed the reaffirmation like he said he did. Does this mean I am only "leasing" my house, that I no longer own it? What can I do to fix this?

New Info

I just found out that my reaffirmation agreement wasn't filed with the courts. How do I keep my house? What does this mean for the terms of my loan? I am in a near panic? Do I have any recourse?

I have a similar problem with reaffirmation

Last year I found out my credit report listed my GMAC mortage as having been included in my 2003 bankruptcy, and as being discharged by that bankruptcy. It was neither. When I contacted GMAC, I was told that this was done because no reaffirmation agreement had been filed. I contacted my bankruptcy attorney, and was told that state law said that continuing to pay on the mortgage constituted a reaffirmation agreement, and no form was necessary. He provided this information to GMAC Mortgage's credit reporting department, but they have done nothing. It still shows up as a negative item, when it should be a positive one. As I am now attempting to purchase another home, this could affect my ability to do so, and it no doubt is causing me a lower credit score, with higher costs for car and homeowners insurance. False and damaging written statements amount to libel, and I have told GMAC that if this is not corrected quickly, I will initiate a lawsuit. Do I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back