My mommy slapped my abuser.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Texas
Why was the mom there? Does she work at the school? If I saw some kid hit my kid I definitely wouldn't smack that kid around. I'm the adult - I can pull my kid out of the situation and let someone else restrain the other kid. I'm not going to go risking my freedom over beating up a child. Good grief.

Why was the mom there? Does she work at the school? If I saw some kid hit my kid I definitely wouldn't smack that kid around. I'm the adult - I can pull my kid out of the situation and let someone else restrain the other kid. I'm not going to go risking my freedom over beating up a child. Good grief.

People of late generally seem to be very agitated and angry.

I just don't get how anyone would think "oh fuck that kid I"m gonna smack the crap out of them." But I have heard people say that they would. "Oh if I saw some kid hit my kid I'd smack the shit out of that kid." Would you though? That's usually my response - like would you really risk prison for your kid in a schoolyard fight? Humanity astounds me sometimes.

Imagine what mommy taught the child when mommy popped the alleged attacker?

Plus, you just gotta know there will be a civil suit

I don't think she got arrested for slapping the child. She likely was arrested for slapping the child several times.
There is a point where her action crosses from somewhat reasonable into temporary insanity.

I don't think she got arrested for slapping the child. She likely was arrested for slapping the child several times.
There is a point where her action crosses from somewhat reasonable into temporary insanity.

I don't know about the public schools CA, but the public schools in TX have zero tolerance for violence on their campuses.

I don't see the mother being allowed to walk had she slapped the other child once, or simply pushed the little darling?

Schools stand in loco parentis, and corporal punishment has all but been outlawed on the local level.

Corporal punishment doesn't apply, as the mother wasn't acting in an official capacity (usually when a school imposes corporal punishment, only the principal can administer it after a due process hearing, not summarily).

The mother wasn't acting in self defense, would might have been an affirmative defense.

I see no other option other a criminal charge against an adult pounding a child unrelated to them on school property.

I've seen parents in TX prosecuted for popping their own child, Sweet Sally or Lovely Larry on school property.

KISD Police don't allow any violence to go unnoticed.

Here's another school assault.

Spring has sprung, kids are getting restless.

Killeen ISD police charge student at Palo Alto with assault

I didn't mean to suggest that hitting the child even once was ok (unless maybe if it was in the course of separating the children and protecting her child... maybe), just that it was likely the difference between a simple assault and the more serious charges she was arrested for.

I didn't mean to suggest that hitting the child even once was ok (unless maybe if it was in the course of separating the children and protecting her child... maybe), just that it was likely the difference between a simple assault and the more serious charges she was arrested for.

No problem, I knew you'd never support violence upon kids.
I'm guessing because I haven't spoken to anyone involved in the matter, that if the article is correct she didn't just tap the child or separate them, she avenged her child's battering.

Back in my day as a kid, in a fair fight one kid whipped the other, both shook hands and left each other alone.

These days, a fight becomes a riot or a war.

No, she definitely crossed the line. She apparently hit the kid several times and hard enough to knock his glasses off. I'd bet she left a mark.
Still, had it been just a slap in the course of separating the kids I'd bet it would blow over. It might have even gone unnoticed if it was really in a defensive effort.

I can imagine the grief her kid is now getting from others at school about hismomma fighting his battles. Kids won't forget that or let it go for a long time.

I can imagine the grief her kid is now getting from others at school about hismomma fighting his battles. Kids won't forget that or let it go for a long time.

You're right.
Kids ragged on a kid when I was in 2nd grade because his mom would bring him a hot lunch to school everyday.

These days my wife tells me many parents line up in the pick up area with hot lunches they buy from nearby food joints, or deposit them in the office for June Bug or Shellita to fetch at luch time.

I always thought it was cool, but we lived about 2 blocks from school, so most days I'd walk home from school to a hot lunch and kiss from my mom, then back to school.

My goodness, times have changed.

Back