My medical expeses are over $5000. Who should pay for my medical bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azam300

I got hit by a car few weeks ago. Unfortunately the car didn't have an insurance. My personal injury limit is $3000 and my medical expenses are beyond that. Do I need a personal injury lawyer at this stage? Who should pay for that?

I got hit by a car few weeks ago. Unfortunately the car didn't have an insurance. My personal injury limit is $3000 and my medical expenses are beyond that. Do I need a personal injury lawyer at this stage? Who should pay for that?

If the driver who injured you is at fault, you'll likely have to sue him/her for expenses above and beyond what your insurance company reimburses you.

The problem for you will be collecting on any judgment.

In all likelihood this person isn't solvent.
Once you win (if you win), collecting an award from this deadbeat might be impossible.

At any rate, you can consult with a couple of local lawyers and choose the one best suited to your personality.

Most attorneys that take this type of case will do so on a contingency. If you can get one to take this case!

Last edited:

Consulting with a lawyer will immediately give you your options. army judge is right, those who tend not to carry insurance tend not to have assets for the lawyer to chase. But you never know. Also might want to see if there are any other sources for liability. The car didn't have insurance, did the driver if he/she was not the owner?

The attorney consultation will 99% be free, after that they'll only take it on contingency unless they don't feel it is a winner, then maybe they'll do it on an hourly basis but I wouldn't count on it,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back