My little Brother got screwed, attorney misconduct, please tell me how to Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

argkangie

:( My brother was arrested on august/13/2007 and arraigned on the the 14th on accusations of attemping to allude, an incident that supposely had happend on easter, the D.A.A had set his trial over twice already and last tuesday during the call docket my brothers attorney and informed my brother that if he had wanted to set trial over the only way that he could is if he signed the 60day waiver (forfit his right to have a fast and speedy trial) which my brother declined considering that he had already been incarcerated for 85days, his attorney then advised him that if he did not sign the waivor then he was going to got to trial without any witnesses to testify on his behalf, when my brother brought to his attorneys attention that he had already been denied of his right to a fast and speedy trial his attorneys replied by saying well the D.D.A said that its not intell next month. Is his attorney stupid all you have to do is look and the booking log, and he was booked on these current charges, I swear his attorney did not do one thing that she was suppose to do to defend her client.... Attorney failed to comply with rules of professional code of conduct, Neglected a legal matter that was intrusted to her, failed to keep client reasonably informed on status of the matter.... their is so many more violations regarding this attorneys conduct, Can anyone please tell me how to file an appeal, my brother has anothers court hearing at the end of this month where his probation officer is trying to revoke his probation and my brother really needs an attorney who is going to represent him like he should be.... Can anyone please give me some advice....

There is nothing to appeal yet. Only final judgments can be appealed. (This is a very GENERAL rule.)

Have him fire his current attorney and get another one if he doesn't like his current lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back