Legal Malpractice My lawyer died and her firm is trying to sue me in small claims for a

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchWest111

I went to a firm to seek legal advice regarding child support . I was given a estimate of around or about $5000 to do my case. I was passed around through the firm and ended up with a lawyer who was incompetent and continously missed dates in which I was billed for court costs. Long story short in total the case ended up being twice the original estimate and the final verdict was far from in my favor. I feel that I've been over charged and taken advantage of. Now that I'm in small claims court I believe I have the right to cross examine my lawyer who has unfortunately passed in order to begin to prove my case or even have a fair trial. Do you have any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

In Canada or the USA, even a dummy like me knows you can't cross examine (or even hold a conversation with) a dead person.

Every wrong cant be righted. You could have been purposefully cheated by the dead man, maybe he wasn't even a licensed solicitor, maybe you've got the goods to prove your case; ain't never happening and you'll go to your grave without your remedy.

This one you'll never win. Your defendant has died, it's over, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back