Repairs, Maintenance My landlord wants us to pay the repair of the shower and tiles .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenantindistres

Last week our shower faucet is leaking so I ask my husband to repair it. The leaking stops but the next day it start to leak again. So I called my landlord to try to see and fix it. He came and I told him what happened. He then started to fix it but to no avail! Then I told him that my husband tried to fix it! And then he got angry! Saying that its my husbands fault because he makes it worst! And said that we need to pay for everything! He said too that we broke the tiles during the attempt of fixing it. Are we really responsible and need to pay for everything?

Last week our shower faucet is leaking so I ask my husband to repair it. The leaking stops but the next day it start to leak again. So I called my landlord to try to see and fix it. He came and I told him what happened. He then started to fix it but to no avail! Then I told him that my husband tried to fix it! And then he got angry! Saying that its my husbands fault because he makes it worst! And said that we need to pay for everything! He said too that we broke the tiles during the attempt of fixing it. Are we really responsible and need to pay for everything?

Normally, tenants don't fix things in their rental units.

But, you live in Canada.

Your laws are often different than ours.

I suggest you read your lease.

Generally, if you break it, you pay for it.

That applies in Canada and the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back