My juvenile record and picture are still online 15 yrs later. Florida

Tanksquatch

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was convicted of multiple felonies as a juvenile about 15 yrs ago in Florida. I'm now 30 and my picture along with the description of all charges is online still. I'm fairly certain Florida law states juveniles pictures are not supposed to be public. I was adjudicated minor

I was convicted of multiple felonies as a juvenile about 15 yrs ago in Florida. I'm now 30 and my picture along with the description of all charges is online still. I'm fairly certain Florida law states juveniles pictures are not supposed to be public. I was adjudicated minor

If your "misbehavior" was adjudicated in JUVIE COURT, you wouldn't have been convicted, you'd have been declared delinquent.

What you recite, the term FELONIES, would be used in adult court.

Juveniles, if adjudicated, are simply declared delinquent.

Your recitation suggests serious allegations of FELONIES, with you being bound over to the adult criminal court system.

Upon your conviction, which state penal colony/gulag were you tendered to, to do your prison time?

If your "misbehavior" was adjudicated in JUVIE COURT, you wouldn't have been convicted, you'd have been declared delinquent.

Your recitation suggests serious allegations of FELONIES, with you being bound over to the adult criminal court system.

Upon your conviction, which state penal colony/gulag were you tendered to, to do your prison time?
I did ALL my juvenile time in Florida juvenile programsi

did all

all my time was served in Florida at various juvenile programs around the state. I was supposed to have served at dosier, but it was around the time when dosier was closing due to the multiple graves they found on property. I did 6 months at Greenville hills academy, and a little over a year at cypress creek JOCC. Level 8-10

all my time was served in Florida at various juvenile programs around the state. I was supposed to have served at dosier, but it was around the time when dosier was closing due to the multiple graves they found on property. I did 6 months at Greenville hills academy, and a little over a year at cypress creek JOCC. Level 8-10

Curious, all I can suggest is that you ask the agency that addresses juvenile incarcerations in Florida about this.

I have never heard of a juvenile posting a bail bond, either.

I suggest that you speak to your former bail bond agency.

You might also speak to a couple local criminal defense attorneys.

Note that you didn't ask a question.

I'm fairly certain Florida law states juveniles pictures are not supposed to be public.

As phrased, this is not true.

Its for sure still on the website for the bail bondsman.

Why would a bail bondsman have a picture of a juvenile offender from a decade and a half ago? Are the picture and description of charges linked to each other, and is your name also on the site? Have you contacted the bondsman and made a request that your picture be removed?

By the way, you using what appears to be a real picture of yourself, accompanied by significant detail of what happened, kind of negates the concern, don't you think?

Florida Statute 943.053(3)(b)1 appears to be your problem.
Juvenile felony arrests remain part of the public record and are not private.

Perhaps seeking to seal/expunge your record could help.

Last edited:
Florida Statute 953.053(b)(1) appears to be your problem.
Juvenile felony arrests remain part of the public record and are not private.

Perhaps seeking to seal/expunge your record could help.
943.053(b)(1)

(just a typo)

Curious.... Have you run into some problem as a result of this? How did you come to discover it?
I am a little surprised you did not learn of it sooner via some kind of background check.

Florida Statute 943.0515 indicates that your juvenile record should have been automatically expunged by now, provided you did not commit any other qualifying offenses.

If you had no other convictions you should have little trouble having this record expunged at this point, and pictures removed.

You do not necessarily need an attorney to achieve this, but it would certainly be easier.

It seems very unusual that a bondsman would even have juvenile information, public or not.

I'm flabbergasted that a juvie would require a bail bondsman.

I learn something NEW everyday after decades of practicing law.

Those wascally Flowidians.

From what I can tell there is no juvenile bail. Perhaps it was different back then? Or maybe the parents still somehow got a bondsman to assist in securing the release? Certainly unusual.

All I've ever known is parents signing to have the little dumpling released.

Back