my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerJK

My mother just passed away,about 7 yrs ago she wrote a will,first let me tell you I have lived with her all my life with my family in Mass. In her will at the encourement of the lawyer she had it so we could buy my brother and sister out,but about 3 yrs ago she turned the house over to us with an attorney present. WE have all the paper work and the deed,and we have a mortgage on the house.So Thee house is now in our names,we pay taxes threw the mortgage.

What can happen now as far as the will,she never changed it,she said it was ours.

From reading what you wrote, it would seem that there is no house that her estate owns to transfer since it was already transferred out of the estate several years prior. If she sold the house to Joe in Texas, you wouldn't expect the will to yank it back from Joe, would you? I don't know whether there are specifics in your case that might change things but one example is undue influence. This happens usually when, for example, the parent is ill, not completely "on the ball" or competent at an advancing age, and one of the children influences the parent to make a transfer to the benefit of one child and detriment of the others. Who wins or loses in those cases will depend upon the unique facts of each case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back