Consumer Law, Warranties My ex misrepresented a laptop sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

juillan

My ex sold me a computer for $400 he represented as new, but it had actually crashed and only the motherboard was new. When he delivered the laptop it was in original packaging, further reinforcing his claim. I called him weeks later after problems with the computer's performance asking for the sales receipt so that I could reference the warrantee coverage. At that time he told me that the warrentee had expired after a year and the receipt would be useless. I figured since it was my word against his, I had no legal recourse. Then, last week I tried to use Microsoft Word, and was not allowed to create a document without entering a product key. I called the company to find out the product key and they told me that the Home and Student Plan on my laptop was a trial plan and that I would have to pay $265 to purchase the program. My Mom bought a fully loaded brand new Dell for $50 more than I paid for my used computer. My ex knows I can't even use basic programs on my computer, but he won't return my calls. Did he screw me one last time? Is there anything I can do at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back