My employer wants me to spend money and time and collect check from San Frnacisco, I live in LA

jmm42837

Jurisdiction
California
My employer did not pay my salary from my job for 260 hours that ranges back on September, 2017 when I was working in San Francisco as software developer. So I left my employer and started working for another employer this year in Los Angeles. I repeatedly emailed my old employer to give back the money and now he is ready to give the check but he wants me to travel from LA to SFO to collect the check. The employer says that his lawyer has advised to do so.

I asked my employer to book my tickets so I can travel to SFO from LA and collect the check but he is not ready to do so.

My issue- I do not want to spend my money to get my salary back. And my employer is asking me to collect the check in person. And now he has included his lawyer in the email thread and asked me to talk to him for further discussion.
Any advise appreciated

So you travel all the way there. The employers starts laughing at all the money you spent getting there. Tells you sorry about your luck but he doesn't have a check. I wouldn't do it. I would read the link mightmoose posted.

Back