My dad won't pay or return calls of late payments due

Lori Dawn68

Jurisdiction
Idaho
I sold a vehicle to my father a Ford F-150 $5,000 he told me he would pay me 3000 down payment when I went to get it I only got 500 and that's the only thing he's paid me in over 6 months he refuses to pay me money he refuses to relinquish my truck I don't know what my rights are what shall I do I want money or my truck thank you for your time

I sold a vehicle to my father a Ford F-150 $5,000 he told me he would pay me 3000 down payment when I went to get it I only got 500 and that's the only thing he's paid me in over 6 months he refuses to pay me money he refuses to relinquish my truck I don't know what my rights are what shall I do I want money or my truck thank you for your time

You don't have many options that won't further create a ruckus.

If you signed over the title to him WITHOUT getting payment in full, it might legally be his truck.

Title issues aside, small claims court is an option.

If you convince a judge you're right, you'll get a judgment, but you'd still have to try and collect your money.

Finally, the easiest way to get the money is to contact the legal TV shows and try to get on one.

If you get accepted, you'll get your money, and some to spare, because those shows pay you a fee to appear, your airfare, your hotel, your meals, an appearance fee, and what you are seeking from someone.

Good luck.

You don't have many options that won't further create a ruckus.

If you signed over the title to him WITHOUT getting payment in full, it might legally be his truck.

Title issues aside, small claims court is an option.

If you convince a judge you're right, you'll get a judgment, but you'd still have to try and collect your money.

Finally, the easiest way to get the money is to contact the legal TV shows and try to get on one.

If you get accepted, you'll get your money, and some to spare, because those shows pay you a fee to appear, your airfare, your hotel, your meals, an appearance fee, and what you are seeking from someone.

Good luck.
My father.

My father does not have the title I do I am on the title as a lienholder he has put a camper shell on it and other accessories if I go and repossess my truck back do I have to give him back his stuff that he has put on it or can I take it as

If you repossess it then you have to sell it. If you sell it for more than what he owes you, then he gets the rest. You need to follow your state laws regarding repo. You're probably required to give certain notices.

Everything you do has to have a paper trail...... Send him a certified letter stating the facts that he is late on down payment, payments. If he fails to pay by X date you are coming to take it. You need to talk with a attorney to make sure you are taking the proper steps.

Back