My child spanked in Daycare

Status
Not open for further replies.

cougar71

Here's my story,

I worked in a daycare about 2 years ago from Nov-Jan. I thought the daycare job was going to be perfect since I was able to work there and enroll my children. After about 2 months, I realized that the owners/director had no self control when they were around children. The daycare (which was and still is in a business setting...not a home) is ran by the owners (both married) and the director which is the sister of one of the owners.
One day the director struck her 3-year-old in the mouth for not covering his mouth for coughing. I was naturally flabbergasted. That day, my children and I walked out the door and I quit.
About a week after I quit, I noticed the business painted kiddy things like rainbows, butterflies, flowers and such on the windows to where people cannot look in anymore.
Today, my daughter (age 6) tells me that they spanked her because she pushed another kid off her for trying to kiss her. She says that they laughed because they thought their child "kissing" her was "cute". Apparently I was at lunch during this time because I didn't see this happen. However, I did see a same situation happen with the same boy trying to kiss another little girl and they did laugh (which I confronted them on). My daughter has spoken about the "attempted" kiss and seemed upset but today she finally told me the rest of the story about her being spanked because she pushed him. If I found this out during the time I quit I would have taken them to court.
This business is being ran by people who should not be running a daycare. Two things I would like to see happen is 1) apologize to my daughter and 2) the assurance they are not practicing these things now. I want them to be closely watched and to make sure other children are not being mistreated. Before I confront them, I wanted to make sure I had the rights to do so and if it would be in the best interest mainly for my daughter. Anyone can look on BBB and see they are rated "A"...but they are far from being an A because they are good at hiding their problems. Three of the teachers quit because of the mistreatment.
Should I just leave this problem under the "rug" since it's been 2 years or should I push for justice? Right now I can't think clearly because I'm angered that someone spanked my child and I wasn't aware. This situation has obviously affected my child and I'm really angry about it. I'm totally against spankings and now that I know this...what else happened when I was on lunch. I shudder when I even think about it.

You should report this incident to the state agency in Ohio that regulates licensed daycare operators.

The agency is: The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Let them listen to your complaint and decide if there is merit.

ODJFS General Information Customer Service: 877-852-0010

Child Protection: 1-866-635-3748

Your daughter might not get an apology, but you might save someone else's child from being brutalized or traumatized.

http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/page2.stm

Centers - seven or more children of any age. Centers must be licensed. The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services licenses over 3500 child care centers which care for over 215,000 children each day.

Type A Homes - seven to twelve children (or four to twelve children if four children are under two years of age) cared for in the provider's personal residence. The provider's own children under six years of age must be included in the total count. Type A homes must be licensed. 60 type A family day care homes are licensed by the Department of Job and Family Services.

Type B homes - one to six children cared for in the provider's personal residence. No more than three children may be under two years of age. The provider's own children under six years of age must be included in the total count. Anyone can operate a Type B Home without a license. However, care for more than 6 children requires a license. Type B homes must be certified by the county department of Job and Family Services if the child care is paid for with public funds. Approximately 7,000 type B homes are certified by local departments of Job and Family Services.

Schoolage centers - seven or more children aged kindergarten and above. Schoolage centers must be licensed. 435 schoolage centers are licensed by the Department of Job and Family Services.

Last edited:
Maybe I should clarify my intentions. I want to write a "review" on Merchant Cirle, BBB, and any other places that will allow me to give a review. I don't want to be accused of "slander" and I want to know what kinds of legal trouble the business can cause me. I want to warn other people to be careful of the business. That's my main purpose.

Thank you Army Judge...I added my intentions before I seen you reply. I didn't think about Family Jobs and Services...

In addition to reporting my complaint to ODJFS...if I did give my reviews, can I get in trouble for "slander" by stating my complaint on other forms? I want to report them to any and all I can. I want to state who they are and what they did. Partly because I'm angry but I know emotions can get people into trouble. I know we have "freedom of speech" but also I know a person can get into trouble legally for slander...after all, how can you prove words from a 6-year-old (which I totally believe since I've seen questionable things myself). Again, she's brought the "bad" daycare up ever since and still to this day gets upset. In fact, my 12 year old son also gets a bad feeling when we drive past the place even though it's been 2 years. He doesn't even want to drive past it regardless if it's a park/vet/ or other business. He's also has told me some bad experiences he's had there when I was on lunch.

If I were you, I'd lodge my complaint and let it go.

You're right, people allow their tongue to create lots of trouble for them.

If a friend ever asked my opinion, I'd give it.

Otherwise, I'd say nothing about these slimeballs and child abusers to no one but the authorities.

Why would you want to complain about this though? Kids should be spanked. It helps them learn. There's a reason the youth today is so rebellious. Nobody spanks them as kids.

Why would you want to complain about this though? Kids should be spanked. It helps them learn. There's a reason the youth today is so rebellious. Nobody spanks them as kids.

Oh SHUT UP! What a stupid, LEGALLY INVALID comment!

ASSAULTING other people's children will get you arrested.

Oh SHUT UP! What a stupid, LEGALLY INVALID comment!

ASSAULTING other people's children will get you arrested.

Only because of all the silly complainers these days. Back in the day kids would get hit regularly at skill by their teachers. There's a reason that past generations have much more discipline and respect than the kids nowadays do. And they don't use vulgarity every other word, either.

Only because of all the silly complainers these days. Back in the day kids would get hit regularly at skill by their teachers. There's a reason that past generations have much more discipline and respect than the kids nowadays do. And they don't use vulgarity every other word, either.

Both my children are polite, respectful and academically in the top 5% of the COUNTRY. ALL of this has been achieved without some LEGAL STRANGER assaulting them.

WTS: ASSAULTING a CHILD is ILLEGAL. This is a LEGAL site.

Save your irrelevant ranting for www.beatkidstosubmission.com

Xander756

Recent Activity: 4%

Wow that is silly I would have thought internet business would be different. I have a Bachelors in Criminal Justice & Jurisprudence and the general feeling I took away from most laws is that they seem like common sense when you think about it but having to file where the other person lives in an internet suit really makes no sense to me. Doesn't that kind of encourage people who make long-distance dealings to try to scam others because they won't have to fear legal reprisal?

Where did you get your "degree"? Fruitloops or AppleJacks?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

I would expect a college graduate to understand that there are many reasons for the lack of respect many of today's youth have for others. Perhaps you should consider some courses in sociology or psychology.

???????

It HELPS them learn????? How is that? Do you have some statistics or research to support your assertion??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back