My Case is Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnlinh

I come to the US on F1 visa, and still attending college as an international student. My husband(an US citizen) and i got married since Aug 2006. We have filed for adjustment for permanent resident status. We went to the interview and passed on Dec 2006. After receiving the I-485 on Jan 2007 showed the approval and welcome to the US, 3 days later we got the second I-485 letter which said they need to "reconsidered the decision previously issued, and we will receive the notice under separate cover once all action has been completed." We haven't received any thing from them since then. We checked the case status online, and it's still pending. What should we do to speed up the case process? What should we do now? I would appreciate for additional advices. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Immigration cases can sometimes be really slow….You are not the only one. They might be investigation certain things with regard to the validity of your marriage or background. You can't do much. They usually take a while………..just keep documenting all your proofs of marriage even now. They may call you at short notice for another interview after reviewing whatever… You should talk to your lawyer to see how he can inquire what is going on since it is now 8 months. In most case they would just tell him they any working on it. He can try…..letter etc; some lawyers have had a lot of success applying mild pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back