my car payments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

myang74

In March, I traded my car in for a new one. The salesman there told me that instead of the dealership paying off my car for me, he will personally agree to take over the car payments for me himself. So I signed a DMV form stating that I was transferring the car over to him, and then I left my car with him with the agreement that he would send me the monthly car payment by the 15th of every month until my car was paid off, at which point, I would then send the title to him.

It's been almost 2 months now, and he hasn't paid anything on the car. I had to pay for March because he refused to pay for that month. His excuse was was he did not operate the car that month because he did not have a renewed registration. At the time that I gave him my car to take over the payments on, I had already informed him that the renewal of the registration had already been paid for and that I'm just waiting for DMV to send me the new registration. He understood and said okay. But of course, when I asked him why he didn't pay for the month of March, he said it was because he didn't have the registration. I wish he would have told me at the time I traded in my car that he wasn't going to pay for the month of March without a registration. Well, it's mid April and I'm still waiting on the registration from DMV. But last week, he said he would go ahead and send me the payment for the month of April. I haven't received anything.

Is there anything I can do, and if so, please advise me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back