My Boyfriend Gave Up His Rights Along Time Go And Need Legel Advice

ML'SWIFEY

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
My boyfriend was told to give up his rights to his twin sons 3-4 years ago by his lawyer, because they didn't think that the mother would do it unless he did. So the mother did also because he did. Well, the mother's brother and sister-in-law adopter my boyfriends twin sons and now the adopted dad is going through legal issues with the children, due to the allegations being towards the adopted dad made byt the boys, that are so far turning out to be true. And the boys were taken out of the home and placed in a 3 place foster home. This is the 3 time that they have been placed in a foster home since they have been with this family.

Well, we would like to know how we can go about either getting my boyfriend visitation rights again, or just getting his father rights back again and raise that kids. And I will be living with them and helping them out. So, I guess that my question is, how can we go about to get my boyfriend his father rights back?

My boyfriend was told to give up his rights to his twin sons 3-4 years ago by his lawyer, because they didn't think that the mother would do it unless he did. So the mother did also because he did. Well, the mother's brother and sister-in-law adopter my boyfriends twin sons and now the adopted dad is going through legal issues with the children, due to the allegations being towards the adopted dad made byt the boys, that are so far turning out to be true. And the boys were taken out of the home and placed in a 3 place foster home. This is the 3 time that they have been placed in a foster home since they have been with this family.

Well, we would like to know how we can go about either getting my boyfriend visitation rights again, or just getting his father rights back again and raise that kids. And I will be living with them and helping them out. So, I guess that my question is, how can we go about to get my boyfriend his father rights back?
Your boyfriend is no longer the father of these children, legally speaking. He would need to adopt the children, just as any stranger would.

Well, we would like to know how we can go about either getting my boyfriend visitation rights again

Not sure what this means. For starters, there is no "we" here. Legally, this has nothing to do with you. Are you talking about whatever visitation rights he had before he gave up his rights in connection with the adoption?

or just getting his father rights back again and raise that kids.

The termination of your boyfriends parental rights was irrevocable. It can't be undone.

And I will be living with them and helping them out.

The fact that your boyfriend currently has a live-in girlfriend won't be the slightest bit relevant in any legal proceeding.

Your boyfriend can contact the agency that removed the kids from their parents' home and volunteer to serve as a foster parent. His status as the kids' biological father might give him a leg up. He should consult with a local family law attorney about this.

Some people aren't made, nor do they care make themselves, to be responsible for the lives of children.

It is a rarity that once a person has lost (or surrendered) her/his parental rights that he/she ever becomes a good parent.

The best thing your boyfriend can do is forget the past and live for the future.

Being a parent of a child(ren) isn't as easy as owning a kitten, dog, rabbit, horse, mule, goat, or any other animal.

The victims in this sick, sordid tale are the innocent children, who once again once, end up battered, abused, neglected, and abandoned by adults.

You and your boyfriend are legally no one to these children. The only way either of you gets any custody is go to go court and file for it. If you want parental rights, you file for adoption. However, I find it really unlikely for a judge to restore parental rights to a person who voluntarily relinquished them.

If you want to know how to get custody or an adoption, you need to go talk to a lawyer who specializes in family law or adoption. Find ones that offer free consultation to start with. Some family law attorneys will do a 30 min consultation. That's the only way you find out what you may be able to do or if there's a possibility.

Back