Roomate my boyfriend already evicted me and I am on the lease and has my stuff

suziecal44

my boyfriend recently kicked me out and I am on the lease. He still has all my personal belongings. He is on probation and has been drinking and using drugs. I just want to go home and work things out. He was cheating on me and then kicked me out because of it. What can I do to go back home. He also moved my 26 year old son into our home and won't let me back in because of that. Is there anything I can do?

If your kid is 26, he can decide for himself where we wishes to live. If you are on the lease, it is your home and you can not be evicted except by court. As a practical matter, you don't want to live with this drinking, drugged out, criminal so I would make alternate arrangements for a residence. Go get yours stuff, notify the landlord of your departure and move on. If you fear going there because of his winning ways, contact the police.

Yep. If you have a key, just open the door and walk in. If you don't have a key the landlord should open it for you if you are on the lease.
It does sound like you should be gathering your things and finding a new place to live, but if you really have nowhere to go it is still your home and he can't legally force you to leave.

Back