My Auto Representative Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELGoodman

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I quit my job in sales last week and planned on starting my own business, representing the customer instead of the dealership. My plan was to locate the car deal and negotiate it and then send the customer to the dealership. I have since found a few things on the Texas Department of Transportation website that threw me for a curve. Here is what it says:

§ 2301.006. BROKERS PROHIBITED. A person may not act as, offer to act as, or claim to be a broker.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1421, § 5, eff. June 1, 2003.
-------------------------
(3) "Broker" means a person who, for a fee,
commission, or other valuable consideration, arranges or offers to arrange a transaction involving the sale of a new motor vehicle, other than a person who is:

(A) a franchised dealer or a bona fide employee of a franchised dealer acting for the franchised dealer;
(B) a representative or a bona fide employee of a representative acting for the representative;
(C) a distributor or a bona fide employee of a distributor acting for the distributor; or
(D) the owner of the vehicle at any point in the transaction.

Does this mean, I would be classified as a "Broker" and do I have to get a dealers license? Is there any way around this, if so how?

Thanks for your help.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back