My 16 year old daughter wants to live with her dad

nicoleangelp1

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I have had my 3 children living with me over 5 years and their dad has been paying cold support for the most part. My boys are 9 and 11 and my daughter is 16. In the last 2 months she's battled depression. I've held her hand through everything and her dad has been mildly involved. Her boyfriend lives next door to her dad's. We are separated but still married with no custody agreement just court ordered child support. She used to visit him about every other weekend but recently she visited more often (I was thinking because of the boyfriend) then she dropped out of high school because of anxiety and enrolled at the community college. Then her dad got her a job at a fast food restaurant where he also works. Now she's refusing to come home. Tonight my son said her dad allows her boyfriend to sleep in the bed with her and I'm scared she's going to get pregnant. I don't want her life ruined but I'm afraid if I push they will seek legal matters to get full custody of her or emancipation. What are my options please!?

Get a lawyer. File for divorce. Get Custody. Get professional help for your daughter.

Otherwise the foolishness won't change and she probably will get pregnant.

I have had my 3 children living with me over 5 years and their dad has been paying cold support for the most part. My boys are 9 and 11 and my daughter is 16. In the last 2 months she's battled depression. I've held her hand through everything and her dad has been mildly involved. Her boyfriend lives next door to her dad's. We are separated but still married with no custody agreement just court ordered child support. She used to visit him about every other weekend but recently she visited more often (I was thinking because of the boyfriend) then she dropped out of high school because of anxiety and enrolled at the community college. Then her dad got her a job at a fast food restaurant where he also works. Now she's refusing to come home. Tonight my son said her dad allows her boyfriend to sleep in the bed with her and I'm scared she's going to get pregnant. I don't want her life ruined but I'm afraid if I push they will seek legal matters to get full custody of her or emancipation. What are my options please!?

Legally you can't do anything because you're still married. There's no custody order. So she can stay there and not come back to your house.

Until you can get the divorce final and any custody order, I recommend getting your daughter on birth control because you can't monitor her 24/7 and her boyfriend is probably one of those guys who convinces her that he doesn't need a condom. There are many, many options for birth control.

She's not going to get emancipated though. No way.

Here's the fast track. Report what you know, or suspect, of her behavior with the boyfriend to social services and let them investigate. They typically do so very quickly. If they find something wrong they may determine your daughter is best off with you and obtain an emergency custody order preventing her from returning to dad until the matter is resolved by more permanent means. How old is the boyfriend?

Here's the fast track. Report what you know, or suspect, of her behavior with the boyfriend to social services and let them investigate. They typically do so very quickly. If they find something wrong they may determine your daughter is best off with you and obtain an emergency custody order preventing her from returning to dad until the matter is resolved by more permanent means. How old is the boyfriend?

He is also underage

He is also underage

Contact child services tonight, tell them the father allows her to have intercourse with a male; and allows the male to spend night after night with your daughter in her bedroom.

Ask child services to investigate, and advise them you are willing to care for the child PROPERLY while they get this investigated and sorted.

Then quietly sit back, and await your good fortune.

Back