Multiple cars on disability

Jurisdiction
Missouri
Im on disability and am curious about owning multiple vehicles. I own a handicap van and now want to purchase a truck. Can I have more than one vehicle while on disability?

If you get SSDI - no limit; if you are on Medicaid or get SSI - only 1 vehicle allowed.

Im on disability and am curious about owning multiple vehicles. I own a handicap van and now want to purchase a truck. Can I have more than one vehicle while on disability?

It all depends on what you mean by "disabled".

If you're asking if a handicap person can own more than one vehicle, yes, you can own 1,000 vehicles.

If you're on certain types of disability programs, you might be limited to owning one vehicle.

Thanks, Im so ignorant when it comes to my knowledge about what I can or cant do! There are so many guidelines and I dont want I can/cant do. Can I get married? Would I lose my check? Or would they take some away.

Thanks, Im so ignorant when it comes to my knowledge about what I can or cant do! There are so many guidelines and I dont want I can/cant do. Can I get married? Would I lose my check? Or would they take some away.

I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties.
We had a son that tragically became a quadriplegic and lapsed into a come for 11 years, until he died.

I hope your situation gets better.

How old are you?

It appears you'll be granted disability in a few months, hopefully by autumn, but Social Security doesn't move all that fast.

In your situation, I suggest you wait on buying your fiance a truck, until you have bene married at least a year.

That will give you time to know if your marriage will last.

Read what others post on here, my friend, its startling how poorly people treat others.

I don't see why you can't buy a dozen vehicles.

Your disability is SSDI, based on your payments into Siocial Security, not needs based SSI, SSD.

You are free to make your own choices, so buy a truck if you wish.

I hope you have a very happy life, and you receive the monies social security owes you.

It would help if you told us what type of disability you are on.

SSDI?
WC?
Private disability policy?
Employer provided disability?
Something else?

It all depends on the program or programs under which you receive benefits. If you tell us what programs, we can point you in the right direction.

Ok well, Im pretty sure its SSDI.......

If its SSDI, it's not a needs based program.
Your benefit payments ate based on your earnings, plus what you could have earned but for the unfortunate incident that harmed you.

Be careful about buying cars for anyone but yourself.

It's sad to say, but you know it's true, there are scammers preying n anyone they can cheat.

Don't be too generous, because some people see that as a weakness.

Those types of critters will bleed you dry, and then devour your rotting carcass.

Be safe, be cautious, be cheap like me. LOL

Back