MSA Alimony Modification Request in California

Jumboca

My MSA ( 5 years ago) was written with the Gavron Warning law in it. Will the court be "open" to evaluating the supported spouses progress to become self-supporting, per my submission of the proper documentation, without the need to review my financial assets? Our marriage was 20 years.
I'm currently still paying my obligation and have not missed one payment. I'm almost 62 years old; my ex-wife is 58 years old and has not remarried. The supported spouse was already employed and still is with the same employer. She is making a career move almost 5 years after the divorce and states, "she is not sure how will take a long time to become self-supporting". Obviously, my goal is to terminate spousal support. The MSA does not have a "termination date" of spousal support and I would like to request one from the court, that is If they will not terminate or gradually reduce the spousal support, based on her effort within the last 5 years to become self-supporting. "There was a previous appellate court ruling that favored spousal support to end at retirement age of 65 years old"
I appreciate your input, which I'm sure you will have additional questions to further evaluate.

My MSA ( 5 years ago) was written with the Gavron Warning law in it. Will the court be "open" to evaluating the supported spouses progress to become self-supporting, per my submission of the proper documentation, without the need to review my financial assets? Our marriage was 20 years.
I'm currently still paying my obligation and have not missed one payment. I'm almost 62 years old; my ex-wife is 58 years old and has not remarried. The supported spouse was already employed and still is with the same employer. She is making a career move almost 5 years after the divorce and states, "she is not sure how will take a long time to become self-supporting". Obviously, my goal is to terminate spousal support. The MSA does not have a "termination date" of spousal support and I would like to request one from the court, that is If they will not terminate or gradually reduce the spousal support, based on her effort within the last 5 years to become self-supporting. "There was a previous appellate court ruling that favored spousal support to end at retirement age of 65 years old"
I appreciate your input, which I'm sure you will have additional questions to further evaluate.

You should address these and other questions about your divorce decree and attendant obligations to your divorce attorney.

If that option isn't to your liking, you can consult other divorce attorneys in your county.

Each divorce varies widely, so there is not one size or YES/NO answer for divorce and spousal support queries.

It appears you failed to dispute the original claim during the divorce proceeding.
That's how some bulls get milked dry!!!

Back