Ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angielucy

I have been a federal employee for 6 years. I am a minority. An opening occurred for a supervisor at the site I work in. I have many years of experience and well qualified for the job. Instead the all white management hired another white person with less experience than me and just joined the program I am in just 4 months. I have been with the program for 6 years.

There is only 2 out 10 in supervisory management is 1 black and 1 Filipino

Is this discrimination based on national origin. Or am I overexaggerating?

I have been a federal employee for 6 years. I am a minority. An opening occurred for a supervisor at the site I work in. I have many years of experience and well qualified for the job. Instead the all white management hired another white person with less experience than me and just joined the program I am in just 4 months. I have been with the program for 6 years.

There is only 2 out 10 in supervisory management is 1 black and 1 Filipino

Is this discrimination based on national origin. Or am I overexaggerating?

I don't see discrimination. I don't think you've exaggerated the situation. Employers are free to create a work force that's 100% white, or 100% black, or 100% yellow, or 100% brown, or 100% gay; or whatever other criteria the employer desires. In the process of creating a purer work force the employer has to be careful not to break any laws.

A white person could say, why aren't more whites in the NBA? The answer might be as simple as, there aren't enough qualified whites to hire more than are already in the league.

Good luck.

The correct answer is that we don't have enough information to say if it's racial discrimination or not.

There could be any # of reasons why the other person got the job over you not based on race. We don't have enough info to tell you more. (tell you if there was illegal discrimination or not)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back