Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Ms Judy Sager

Status
Not open for further replies.

judyms772

My son, along with another minor got an MIP last weekend under these circumstances -He is 20 yrs old and was a passenger in the car. the other person was also a passenger. He refused to take a breathalizer test and due to comments made was put in jail over night. His companion also refused. He has court on the 30th of August.

The question is his companion got a ticket for both a MIP and MIC whereas my son only got a MIP. there was no liquor in the car so the MIP is an erronous charge from my perspective. Is this a correct assumption?

Also regarding a deferral - he just recently deferred a driving violation and when he was a minor (16 yrs old) he deferred a juvenile theft charge. Is he eligible to defer this ticket or should we hire an attorney to fight the ticket. He is willing to defer if possible but if need be fight it on the basis that he was not in possesion of anything.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Dear Ms Judy I couldn't give you any advice on this matter but I know MIP ticket is given to a minor it means doesn't matter he consumed any alcohol or not . If they found alcohol in the car and no one in the car is 21 years old . You loose ! you can fight it in the court if you want . Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back