Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders mr. kobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevertruelydead

I'm currently 17 and am a senior in high school. I am dating a freshmen who is 14 her birthday is December 24, and mine is December 27, so I'll being turning 18 shortly after she turns 15. I've done a lot of research online, but I have found so many different answers to my questions, that I don't know what to believe. We both live in Iowa. I just want to know if her and I can still be together after I turn 18 without it being illegal. Yes, we are currently sexually active, but we have agreed to stop after I turn 18 if need be.

It is quite possible that what you have already done is illegal. Although your ages may be close enough to prevent a statutory rape offense, there are other child sex crimes that may still apply. It is a dangerous path to travel.

You can find your states Statutory rape laws. However as noted earlier its very likely youhave already violated the law and can be charged with sex crimes and face both prison and lifetime regsitration as sex offender. You really need to end this relationship before it alters your life forever

The link I gave you supplies you with one of the possible laws you could be charged with. If you want actual legal advice consult a lawyer not a website

Well I'm asking for details, laws, facts! Not possibilities -.-
If you want absolute facts and certainty you'll need to speak to a lawyer and get a legal consultation. If you want to share with us what you've been told, let us know. I think that sex with a 14 year old is a bad idea. 15 isn't much better and don't need the law to explain. But since all you care about is the legal issues, the law I found was (and posted from the other website so we can have a discussion):

Iowa § 709. 4
Third-degree sexual abuse to perform a sex act on another person, not his spouse, who is (1) age 12 or 13 or (2) age 14 or 15 if the actor is five or more years older.

So the difference in age would need to be four years with someone who is age 14 or 15. It would seem that age 16 is the age of consent and the age gap doesn't matter. At this point if she was 14 I can't say for sure whether you've done anything illegal but from 14 and on it would appear you're 3 years and 3 days or so older and which not qualify under this statute.

However you can likely be charged with other crimes equally as harmful such as lewd acts with a minor, molestation and more. It seems what you rlooking for is a means to escape law.

Well I'm asking for details, laws, facts! Not possibilities -.-

I's like to try and help you, sir.
Please PM me with your name, address, and DOB.
If it isn't too much trouble, I'll also need the names of the girl's parents, their adress(es), and the name of the girl that you love.
After all, sir, who can help falling in love, right?
I'll look into a few things, after you get back to me, and I'm sure I can make something happen for you!

All the best, young lover, may you some day have a happy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back