Moving out of state with a dcfs case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

apha109

My husband is looking at a possible job transfer out of state. We're dealing with a dcfs case right now. Both children are ours so there's no custody issues or divorces or anything. Our kids currently spend half the week in our home and half the week at a foster place. Our son had failure to thrive so they took him and took our daughter as well. They say they're "trying" to get them both back permanently as soon as possible. But I guess my question is, if my husband gets a job transfer can we take our kids with us? Do they expect us to leave them behind or split us up? We have been to court but not actively. It's pretty much been handled all outside of court. I have not said anything to our case worker yet as I don't want to cause problems if we don't end up moving. But if we were to move it would be short notice. Maybe a couple weeks notice. We haven't had any issues with the dcfs office as far as complying or anything and our case worker has been very helpful. We're not trying to run away with our kiddos or anything. Not trying to hide from them. Just trying to do something to better our family and move to a better location. Thanks in advance.

Madam, I suggest you speak with an attorney, ASAP.
Once you do, your eyes will be opened.
Its far too complicated for me to explain by typing (I'm lazy), but I suspect that if you relinquished your kids without a court order, you were BULLIED into doing so.

The attorney will explain how your rights might have violated.
I suspect you'll want to know to avoid it from ever happening again.
Only a court can order any of us to do, or not to do anything.
We can be bullied or tricked into agreeing to things.
That appears to have brought you to where you are today.
The lawyer can assist you getting your kids back.

Otherwise, the saga will be drawn out for much longer than you might imagine.

Army Judge:

We are working with an attorney. This whole process is just stupid and mundane. We just want to know if we can move out of state for this job transfer? Can the case be closed if there's nothing substantial? Can it be transferred somewhere else if needed?

You need to talk with your case worker - they will want to make sure the children remain in the current jurisdiction, and you may end up with a decision to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back