Moving out at 17

Annabug118

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My boyfriend is 17. He's not happy at home. His father is always judging and putting him down and emotionally abusing him. He has a job and my parents said its okay for him to move in. We live 15 minutes away from his parents house. Can you legally move in with me without the consent of his father as long as his mother says its okay?

My boyfriend is 17. He's not happy at home. His father is always judging and putting him down and emotionally abusing him.

Oh, boo hoo. That's the lament of every teenager.

my parents said its okay for him to move in.

Your parents are idiots and need to mind their own business and not get in the middle of somebody else's family matters.

Can you legally move in with me without the consent of his father as long as his mother says its okay?

No.

Tell your BF to suck it up and behave himself until his 18th birthday. Then he can go live wherever he wants.

Oh, boo hoo. That's the lament of every teenager.

Your parents are idiots and need to mind their own business and not get in the middle of somebody else's family matters.

No.

Tell your BF to suck it up and behave himself until his 18th birthday. Then he can go live wherever he wants.

Or I mean you could just get off my post. Like that's always a good option. You don't know his situation or what he goes through so kindly go and learn some manners. And act like an adult and not try and start drama on this. And as for my parents if you'd like to come say that to either their or my face you're more than welcome sweetheart.

The legal age to move out is 18. Not 17. If BOTH his parents are not in agreement with it, he stays where he is.

We may not know situation but answer questions exactly like this all the time. He is better off dealing with this until he is 18 and not cause problems or burn bridges

If both of his parents do not agree, he stays put until 18. Your parents taking him in against his parents' wishes can get them in some major legal trouble. Not to mention that at 17, your relationship might change. I know you think that won't happen but you are both young and living with someone, even as an adult, can dramatically change the relationship and desire to be in it. If he is stuck living there, it can get ugly. It isn't all sunshine and roses no matter how much you love the person.

Back