Moving out at 17 with parents consent

Sarah Baker

Jurisdiction
Missouri
So I don't live with my father, but my mother I do. I do not agree with how she runs the house. She doesn't run the house. My older sister does, who when she's drunk and is here, she waits til mom is in bed and makes me aware of problems I wasn't before because my mother never informs me and makes me feel absolutely terrible. An old roommate of said sister lives with us and for the paSt few months has joined in on the verbal attacks from my sister.
Recently I had my boyfriend staying here due to his family's constant fighting and issues. he got kicked.out for the dram a in my family by mother. Sister was yelling at Mother instead of resloving the problems like I had wanted.
I got blamed and so did he. I want to move out at 17 in this upcoming June. But I'm getting consent from my father who is divorced by mother. Can I do that? or should I go live with him for 6 months first?

Said sister doesn't live here only roomate.

So I don't live with my father, but my mother I do. I do not agree with how she runs the house. She doesn't run the house. My older sister does, who when she's drunk and is here, she waits til mom is in bed and makes me aware of problems I wasn't before because my mother never informs me and makes me feel absolutely terrible. An old roommate of said sister lives with us and for the paSt few months has joined in on the verbal attacks from my sister.
Recently I had my boyfriend staying here due to his family's constant fighting and issues. he got kicked.out for the dram a in my family by mother. Sister was yelling at Mother instead of resloving the problems like I had wanted.
I got blamed and so did he. I want to move out at 17 in this upcoming June. But I'm getting consent from my father who is divorced by mother. Can I do that? or should I go live with him for 6 months first?

Said sister doesn't live here only roomate.

If your father has legal custody of you then yes, he can consent to you moving out. But if your mother is the one who has custody of you and she says "no" to moving out, then you can't until you're 18.

You can't go live with anyone unless the person who has legal custody of you approves you to do so.

Back