Moving company won’t deliver

Kate312

Jurisdiction
Michigan
An interstate moving company was hired (to move me from Michigan to NY) by a moving broker that I hired, but the broker did not tell me they were a broker and that the actual move would be done by another company. Turns out, this company has an F rating on BBB.
My property was to be held in storage until I requested delivery. Once delivery is requested, their delivery window is up to 21 business days. The weeks passed and they kept telling me that my stuff would be delivered in the next few days. Lies. I found out from the FMCSA that this company lost their license just days after I requested delivery. I have now been waiting over 6 weeks and I also found out that they are storing my stuff at a public self-storage facility outside Detroit and it is not in my name and they will not change it to my name or release it to another mover without my going there.
So either I have to go there (over 600 miles) and trust that one of their representatives will meet me there so that I can drive it to NY myself or I will have to wait indefinitely for them to deliver (they will not give me a date or even an idea of when that would be). They would also charge me another fee to release my things from storage (which I have been paying for and I already paid them half of the cost of the move).

An interstate moving company was hired (to move me from Michigan to NY) by a moving broker that I hired, but the broker did not tell me they were a broker and that the actual move would be done by another company. Turns out, this company has an F rating on BBB.
My property was to be held in storage until I requested delivery. Once delivery is requested, their delivery window is up to 21 business days. The weeks passed and they kept telling me that my stuff would be delivered in the next few days. Lies. I found out from the FMCSA that this company lost their license just days after I requested delivery. I have now been waiting over 6 weeks and I also found out that they are storing my stuff at a public self-storage facility outside Detroit and it is not in my name and they will not change it to my name or release it to another mover without my going there.
So either I have to go there (over 600 miles) and trust that one of their representatives will meet me there so that I can drive it to NY myself or I will have to wait indefinitely for them to deliver (they will not give me a date or even an idea of when that would be). They would also charge me another fee to release my things from storage (which I have been paying for and I already paid them half of the cost of the move).

It never ceases to amaze the scams evil people work on unsuspecting, trusting people.

That was a sad story.

I hope you can get it sorted.

Start by reviewing the language of the contracts. Those documents will help guide you. Make sure any action you take corresponds with the remedies noted in the contract.

Back