Move out inspection dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankq

Moved out of rental house 4 months ago in GA. I used my security deposit for my last months rent. went through the move out inspection with the realestate agent who was the agent who originally rented the house to me. he found 3 stains on the hardwood floor and stains on the carpet. he confirmed with me that he was not knowlegable on the costs associated with repairs but put his guestimates down as $600 for the hardwood floors and $700 for the carpet! I had him write and sign on the form that these were just estimates based on his limited knowledge. i priced out the repairs with local experts and the costs where signifigantly less. i agreed to pay the higher end of the ranges i received from the experts but now the landlord wants not only the full amount but now he is threatening me with charging for the late fees on the house even though i moved out 4 months ago. BTW.. the house is now up for a short sale!! which means to me that he was pocketing my rent for the last 2 years and not even paying his mortgage! any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!! thank you!

The guidance you seek is in your lease.
If he sues you, you simply defend.
You can't prevent him from suing you.
What he did with the rent money you owed him is none of your concern.
You might not have been able to use the security deposit to pay your last month's rent. Usually that is a "no no".

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back