Move out charge

Eric789L

Jurisdiction
Missouri
Hello This is Eric Lockett I've lived in my previous apartment for 2 years until this past October my apartment complex is try to charge me the next months rent up into the renter of the keys but it's not states in our lease that we will be charged cause of that it's says failure to return them on move out date or after we will be charged for the keys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Hello This is Eric I've lived in my previous apartment for 2 years until this past October my apartment complex is try to charge me the next months rent up into the renter of the keys but it's not states in our lease that we will be charged cause of that it's says failure to return them on move out date or after we will be charged for the keys
Please edit out your name...we don't need to know your identifying information in order to assist you.

I am unclear, due to your wording, did you turn in your keys when you vacated?

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

I've lived in my previous apartment for 2 years until this past October

"I've lived" means you still live there. I think what you meant to write was that you did live there and moved out in October. Right?

my apartment complex is try to charge me the next months rent up into the renter of the keys

Huh?

it's not states in our lease that we will be charged cause of that it's says failure to return them on move out date or after we will be charged for the keys

Again, huh?

If you want help, you have to at least come close to something that looks like intelligible English.

Please edit out your name...we don't need to know your identifying information in order to assist you.

I am unclear, due to your wording, did you turn in your keys when you

No I did not because when I was trying to reach out to the main so that I could do that no returned my calls or messages. after I came back in town the week I moved out, I ended up catching someone at the office to return my keys and that's when she's stated that I would charged the amount of rent up in till the keys we're brought back. I was trying to do the responsible thing make sure that they had the key in hand and reached out to get in contact with someone I work a lot with three kids so my schedule tight

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

"I've lived" means you still live there. I think what you meant to write was that you did live there and moved out in October. Right?

Huh?

Again, huh?

If you want help, you have to at least come close to something that looks like intelligible English.

Huh?

Again, huh?

Yes I did live there I moved out two weeks before the end of October I was on a month to month agreement but like I was trying to explain they're charge me Partial rent because I with had the keys to apartment up until a few week ago but it's not stated in any agreement we signed that if I still the keys I would charged that next months rent until the keys We're returned

Hello I've lived in my previous apartment for 2 years until this past October my apartment complex is try to charge me the next months rent up into the renter of the keys but it's not states in our lease that we will be charged cause of that it's says failure to return them on move out date or after we will be charged for the keys

Yes I did live there I moved out two weeks before the end of October I was on a month to month agreement but like I was trying to explain they're charge me Partial rent because I with had the keys to apartment up until a few week ago but it's not stated in any agreement we signed that if I still the keys I would charged that next months rent until the keys We're returned
It doesn't have to be stated. Had you NOT returned the keys, you would be charged the rent as well as for the cost of the keys.

If you're not going to make an effort to use punctuation or proper capitalization, I'm not going to spend more time on this.

Yes, you can be charged rent up to the date that the keys are turned in.
Until you turn in the keys, the apartment is considered occupied.

Read the lease. Under "40. DEPOSIT RETURN, SURRENDER, AND ABANDONMENT"
Surrender. You have surrendered the apartment when:
(1) the move out date has passed and no one is living in the apartment in our reasonable judgement; or

(2) all apartment keys and access devices listed in paragraph 5 (Keys and Furniture) have been turned in where rent is paid - whichever date occurs first.

You are assuming that (1) applied. You do not get to decide that. They get to define "reasonable". How are they to know that you are no longer living there? You still have the keys - you could be camping on the bare floor.

They are going by (2): you have not surrendered the apartment until you have surrendered the keys.

If you're not going to make an effort to use punctuation or proper capitalization, I'm not going to spend more time on this.

I've been more concerned by the omission of key words (meaning words that add meaning, not words about keys) and the substitution or seemingly random inclusion of words.

I considered inserting a few random words in my response to OP, as it may be that s/he isn't able to understand plain prose.

Back