Motorcycle Service Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I left my Motorcycle (MC) with Power Sports Yamaha- MO to be repaired and replace rear tire located in Marionville, MO. A couple days or so later, the service department called and stated what the repairs would be. Rear Tire, Stator, Rectifier and Water Pump. The amount was $1203.00 (parts & labor. The Honda Shadow Sabre: 1100 C2 bike (2003). I thought that was high but gave the ok to repair it.
This took place in February 2017. 5-6 weeks went by and Powersports called and notified me that the price had gone up because they didn't know they would have to pull the engine to get to the water pump. It took me 15 minutes on You Tube on the internet to find that out myself.

Finally, in April, I called to inquire about the progress and was told there was a small part needed to finish the repairs. It cost under $3.00 but had to personally drive over 150 miles to go get it and bring the rubber washer to them. They had located the part in Lebanon, Missouri at a Honda Dealer. That day, they finished the repairs while my wife and I waited. From Marionville, Missouri to Aurora, Missouri (On our way home) after we paid them the Brake Rod had not been connected to the Rear Brake Pedal. My wife was driving and luckily knew to used the Front Break. Had she not known, she would have collided with another vehicle at a stop light. Marionville to Aurora, Missouri is only approx. 9 miles. We took it back immediately and reported it to the Owner of Power Sports and was told it was just a fluke, that my bike had just dropped a pin that holds the brake rod. (There never was a pin, as it had a Pressure threaded Nut that held the rod). I told the Store Owner if anything happened in connection to their repairs it would be a "bad deal". He asked if I was threatening him and began to push me with his chest to go outside and said I was banned from the store.

The next day we took a short trip and within 25 miles the bike became hot again. The water pump had nothing to do with the problem. I studied the internet and purchased a $58.00 thermostat to engage the electric fan and it solved the problem.

That water pump so-called repair cost over $400.00 which it didn't need. I feel their was criminal intent when Power Sports, Marionville, Missouri left the Brake Rod unassembled due to the higher request for repairs which I denied to pay. I noticed when I replaced the electronic thermostat they had not replaced the radiator properly.

My main concerns are: 1. The safety danger factor when my wife tried to drive it home after repairs. (They obviously did not try the bike out after repairs or they would have noticed the brakes defect.) 2. Paid an extra $400.00+ for a repair that was not pertinent to needed repairs. This was a fraud, nothing wrong with water pump. 3. The owner pushing me out of the store in public.

If I have a case, I would appreciate being contacted.
Trent

I left my Motorcycle (MC) with Power Sports Yamaha- MO to be repaired and replace rear tire located in Marionville, MO. A couple days or so later, the service department called and stated what the repairs would be. Rear Tire, Stator, Rectifier and Water Pump. The amount was $1203.00 (parts & labor. The Honda Shadow Sabre: 1100 C2 bike (2003). I thought that was high but gave the ok to repair it.
This took place in February 2017. 5-6 weeks went by and Powersports called and notified me that the price had gone up because they didn't know they would have to pull the engine to get to the water pump. It took me 15 minutes on You Tube on the internet to find that out myself.

Finally, in April, I called to inquire about the progress and was told there was a small part needed to finish the repairs. It cost under $3.00 but had to personally drive over 150 miles to go get it and bring the rubber washer to them. They had located the part in Lebanon, Missouri at a Honda Dealer. That day, they finished the repairs while my wife and I waited. From Marionville, Missouri to Aurora, Missouri (On our way home) after we paid them the Brake Rod had not been connected to the Rear Brake Pedal. My wife was driving and luckily knew to used the Front Break. Had she not known, she would have collided with another vehicle at a stop light. Marionville to Aurora, Missouri is only approx. 9 miles. We took it back immediately and reported it to the Owner of Power Sports and was told it was just a fluke, that my bike had just dropped a pin that holds the brake rod. (There never was a pin, as it had a Pressure threaded Nut that held the rod). I told the Store Owner if anything happened in connection to their repairs it would be a "bad deal". He asked if I was threatening him and began to push me with his chest to go outside and said I was banned from the store.

The next day we took a short trip and within 25 miles the bike became hot again. The water pump had nothing to do with the problem. I studied the internet and purchased a $58.00 thermostat to engage the electric fan and it solved the problem.

That water pump so-called repair cost over $400.00 which it didn't need. I feel their was criminal intent when Power Sports, Marionville, Missouri left the Brake Rod unassembled due to the higher request for repairs which I denied to pay. I noticed when I replaced the electronic thermostat they had not replaced the radiator properly.

My main concerns are: 1. The safety danger factor when my wife tried to drive it home after repairs. (They obviously did not try the bike out after repairs or they would have noticed the brakes defect.) 2. Paid an extra $400.00+ for a repair that was not pertinent to needed repairs. This was a fraud, nothing wrong with water pump. 3. The owner pushing me out of the store in public.

If I have a case, I would appreciate being contacted.
Trent

No LEGITIMATE lawyer on this site will contact you about a case.

If he or she were to do so, that would violate one of our MANY Canons of Ethics, and in most states, it violates state law.

The easiest way to obtain legal advice is visit a lawyer in your county.

Most lawyers won't charge you for the first visit, which is what you want to achieve, an assessment of your options.

Good luck.

The issue of the brakes was negligent, but with no damages it is a non issue if they subsequently fixed it.

It is possible that both the water pump and thermostat were bad. If you did not ask to keep the old parts you have no way to prove anything. Besides, you authorized the repair.

If you felt you were assaulted by the store manager you could have reported that to law enforcement. You still could, but having not done so immediately it probably wouldn't be taken too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back