Criminal Trials, Hearings Motions to Suppress evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeman19

Moving to Suppress Statements if the Officer Didn't Take Notes
My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland. Frederick county District Court. I was Recently charged after a 4 month Investigation for telephone misuse and the cop called me in for questioning and I gave a statement because I was scared and Interrogated but the cop wasn't writing nothing down and there was no recording Device being used and I didn't sign no statements so can that be thrown out of court or how could you get that statement thrown outta court please help me.

Court date

This will be my first court date in district court for a Misdemeanor what will happen that day? The court is in maryland.

This will be my first court date in district court for a Misdemeanor what will happen that day? The court is in maryland.

Motions to Suppress evidence

Moving to Suppress Statements if the Officer Didn't Take Notes
My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland. Frederick county District Court. I was Recently charged after a 4 month Investigation for telephone misuse and the cop called me in for questioning and I gave a statement because I was scared and Interrogated but the cop wasn't writing nothing down and there was no recording Device being used and I didn't sign no statements so can that be thrown out of court or how could you get that statement thrown outta court please help me.

Not much, if you're smart.

You plead not guilty, make no statements, ask for a lawyer (or time to hire your own), then follow the advice of your lawyer.

You've already spoken once, and that's why this is happening.

Don't try being your own lawyer.

Recorded or not, the officer can testify as to what you admitted to him.

Don't be smug, just stop blabbing.

Easy as pie, and then you wait.

Last edited:
If you gave a statement at the police department there is a good chance it was recorded and you just don't know it.
Regardless, you won't get the officer's testimony suppressed. You will have great difficulty undoing the damage you have already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back