Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindother

The law Gurdian for the Children has filled a motion and was granted by the custody judge for payment of 1,000. This hearing has been almost a year ago. The LG was payed and since the conclusion of the court case has never contacted me in anyway nor my attorney about wanting more $. I was never served with anything nor notifiied that there was this motion against me. Suffolk County Family court is where this is taking place and now they ordered the suffolk county clerks office to file a judgement against me. Question How and where do i file some kind of motion to counter his motion and set the record straight. Called the clerks office in family court and they had no idea. Please Help thank you

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mindother:
The law Gurdian for the Children has filled a motion and was granted by the custody judge for payment of 1,000. This hearing has been almost a year ago. The LG was payed and since the conclusion of the court case has never contacted me in anyway nor my attorney about wanting more $. I was never served with anything nor notifiied that there was this motion against me. Suffolk County Family court is where this is taking place and now they ordered the suffolk county clerks office to file a judgement against me. Question How and where do i file some kind of motion to counter his motion and set the record straight. Called the clerks office in family court and they had no idea. Please Help thank you
Honestly, I'm not sure what is going on here. You can always claim that you were never served and that defense is able to be raised at any time. But with regard to specifics to object, it might be best to find out this information from the clerk of the court in which the case is taking place. Typcially a response is entered with a pleading, in this instance a dismissal due to lack of jurisdiction due to improper service. Do note that issues of "appearance" can be significant especially with regard to case strategy. It might be a good idea to speak to an attorney if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back