Motion To Withdraw Plea

PatriotCO

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My question is: Where do I hire an attorney that can help me write a motion to withdraw a guilty plea? I live in Denver, Colorado and this happened in Eagle County. I understand that successfully withdrawing a plea is nearly impossible to do and difficult to find an attorney to help with. My circumstance is a rare one where I was forced to plead guilty unlawfully because I was incarcerated quite unexpectedly at a pretrial hearing for trying to bring up a conflict of interest between myself and the law office representing me after the judge gave me permission months earlier to bring it up at another hearing. The officer at the hearing told other officers that in the 20 years he had been in court rooms he had never seen anything like what happened to me. My situation is a text book example of someone that deserves to withdraw a plea if I can find an attorney interested in helping either indirectly or directly. I have lucrative remodeling and pressure washing businesses.

I tried to inform a judge that I had recently become aware of a serious conflict of interest between myself and the law office that was representing me at a hearing, but the judge cut me off and said: let's take care of this now and we'll talk about that later. I waited more than a month to a future hearing when the time was appropriate and mentioned a second time that I was concerned about a conflict of interest that I had recently found about with the law office that was representing me, but before I could say much the judge revoked my bond, because she stated that she felt that I was trying to change my legal council right before the trial.

While I was being arrested, I asked my attorney at the time if I was able to post bail and he said no, and indicated that I would serve a mandatory six months for the bond violation, which would have caused me to loose my home, remodeling business, all the work that I have scheduled and this would have left more than one of my subcontractor (helpers) their job with my remodeling business. I also had a large sum of cash in my wallet which was about to be taken and not returned by the jail if I were booked, so the Sheriff's Office strip searched me, put me in a jail uniform and sent me back in the court room and my attorney and the judge pressured me untruthfully into pleading guilty.

I want to pay/hire an attorney to either help me write the motion to withdraw or write the motion him or herself and file the motion. I am nearing the deadline date in days, but understand that an extension can be requested within the motion. Can anyone point me toward an attorney that can help me with this or just give me some legal advice on this matter?

On second thought, now that I read through the whole thing, it sounds as if you have already been convicted on that plea?
If so, way too late to withdraw.

Back