Motion of Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge

Do I have a right to view any and all evidence involved in my workers comp case?

Not that they have any, but I may have to take over my case.

Just for the record this case is in Florida.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas on this subject.

Serge

My concern is I don't beleave all that is should be done is being done. And I want to be ready to take over my case at any given point in time.

Concidering what I've learned in the past few days, giving myself a crash cource Florida workers comp law, I know that the carrier is getting away with actions that are not only illegal, but are acts of bad faith.

As it stands right now, (without turning this into a novel) I'll get to live the rest of my life in pain and on pain medication. This does not make me very happy.

My TTD runs out in February, and little or nothing has been done in an effort to at least get the pain to a level of managment that doesn't require drugs.

I tried to make it clear that I can't and won't live the rest of my life like this.

But in the state of Florida, my quality of life has NO value. So the carrier has no incentive to do any thing but run out the clock on the 104 week statutory, and wash their hands of me.

I have no one to blame but myself for getting up and going to work every day and supporting my family.

Sorry this was so long

Serge

Have you obtained a second opinion? Most companies have a specific (Workers Comp) Physician. However, because of the inherent "conflict of interest" (Physician paid by employer), you should always consider a second opionion. Insurance Company "Risk Management Departments", hate Bad Faith Litigation, so, don't be afraid to seek out other alternatives, then take them back to the "company Doc". If you still have a problem, and you feel justified, obtain an Attorney that specializes in Workers Comp.

I have paid for a second opinion out of my own pocket.

With major differences from the one the carrier paid for, which was setup by my lawyer.

From what I've read in Florida law "it"(MY second opinion ) means nothing.

My well being and quality of life has no relevance, or value.

And let me add that the carrier would rather pay a company like yours to spy on me, than to give me the medical care I need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back