Mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies.

markm

Hi,

I am currently purchasing a house. I just received pre-approval from the bank. The house is a short-sale property. The seller's attorney has created a problem saying that the contract states that we should have done the closing in 45 days and since we didn't he will be taking $2,500 from us. You have to understand that we have been waiting 9 months to hear back from the bank after we gave our offer. As soon as we heard back, we started looking for a mortgage. We did have some problems but we asked for an extension for the closing. My attorney even drafted a document requesting for an extension, which he sent to the seller's attorney. At this point, the seller's attorney wants to take $2500 from the money that is in escrow. I think this is very unfair and unjustified. As far as I have researched, what he is doing is illegal. Please let me know what you think. Thank You so much for your help.

If you agreed to it what he is doing is certainly not illegal. 45 days is plenty of time to close a deal if you were prequalified. What is the rest of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back