Personal Bankruptcy Mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneman

:eek: A month ago I filed for Bankruptcy, and qualified in every way for chapter 7; all of my possesions, including my home, were exempt from being sold; but my attorney said that just because I was a few months behind on my mortgage, I had to take chapter 13. The trustee paid what I was behind on the mortgage, and the judge orderd me to pay my mortgage fully each month after, even though he knew full well that my finances were not enough to do so; and now my home is in danger of being forclosed upon. What can I do to keep my home? I am able to make the monthly payments to the trustee; can I ask that my mortgage be added to the payments? I have not gone to the crediters meeting yet, can I ask about this then? Will changing from chapter 13 to chapter 7 help? Is the judge ordering me to pay my mortage even though he knew full well that I couldn't afford it even ethical? Can I sue him for this?

Have you verified that you would qualify to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy? Your lawyer can guide you through the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back