Mortgage load

Status
Not open for further replies.

elhumbi1

I got (approve) not pre-approve for a home from mortgage company, I was leaving in a mobile home as soon as they approve me I decided to sell it and moved in with a family member for a few weeks till I found the perfect home. Well found the home made an offer they took my offer pay for inspection and some other fees, came to find out from my lender that I don't qualify for a loan anymore because I had a judgment on my credit and he didn't pay attention to that before he approve me for the loan. I also have my wife and daughter living at our relative house. Can I sue them for negligence and damages?

You can sue them and the entire state of Texas.
You have no case, so why bother?
If there was any negligence, it was on your part for disposing of your older home before you signed the papers on your new home.

Besides, if the loan arranger was asked if she said, "You're 100% approved, sell your home today!"
She'd certainly deny that any such conversation ever took place.

As far as any APPROVAL versus Pre-Approval, you more than likely got QUALIFIED, which doesn't mean APPROVED.
Whatever its called, it wouldn't ever have happened until the note had been signed and notarized.

Last, the matter of the judgment.
You knew you had a judgment, and the lender took several days, maybe weeks to discover it.
That seems to be the show stopper, and you didn't learn of it the same time the lender discovered it.

Last edited:
I got the approval letter 100%

I got the approval letter that says Approve that why I decided to sell because I supposedly had the load 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the approval letter that says Approve that why I decided to sell because I supposedly had the load 100%

Any credit approval means nothing.
Things happen that can easily derail any approval.
You're approved after the funds are disbursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back