Mortgage lack of Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusq

My mortgage company's lack of security allowed a tenant of mines to compromise my mortgage account and cause harm to me. I've tried escalating to them, with no success. I have letters and evidence on how my tenant compromise my account.

What can I do to clean this up?

I think that someone may have answered this question posted elsewhere that has more details? I don't know how a tenant of yours could compromise your mortgage account. The only way I could guess is that you may have had the tenant paying your mortgage directly to the mortgage company and/or with other access to your account. This is unfortunately going to be your problem. If you had revoked their access and the company committed negligence, then it's possible you have a claim. There are too many details here that we don't have. You should also be aware that these issues usually have very specific procedural requirements so if you didn't comply with all of them, then despite there possibly being some notice you may not have a remedy. These cases are always fact specific and will also require a very careful reading of your written agreements. I hope you were successful.

My tenant was paying the rent directly. But she was able to forfeit my account and change contact information and go delinquent without my consent or awareness. I had written to my mortgage company on Jan 17th to revoke all access to everyone except me. But she was still able to call the offshore team and gain access to my account and make modification around February 10th. I have also found forfeit letters with my name but with her contact information (her cell phone) as if I wrote the letter. She has continue to contact the offshore team even after I have written a letter revoking all access from anyone except me.

My tenant was paying the rent directly. But she was able to forfeit my account and change contact information and go delinquent without my consent or awareness. I had written to my mortgage company on Jan 17th to revoke all access to everyone except me. But she was still able to call the offshore team and gain access to my account and make modification around February 10th. I have also found forfeit letters with my name but with her contact information (her cell phone) as if I wrote the letter. She has continue to contact the offshore team even after I have written a letter revoking all access from anyone except me.

You might want to discuss this problem with your local police department, local county attorney, or district attorney.
I'm sure one of those agencies will be able to further advise you.
From what you say, you have the makings of a fraud case at a minimum.

This is between you and the tenant. You failed to keep your information secure and were lax in your own security measures.

I disagree with me keeping my information secure. I have written letters revoking access, and have escalated this to their upper management. I have not provided any personal information to my tenant, and I have tested the verification procedure from their offshore team and have passed by their security verification with little verification by distracting them.

Again, I believe I have taken measures to stop and/or prevent this and yet after all my actions, my tenant easily is still able to access my account and make modifications.

I disagree with me keeping my information secure. I have written letters revoking access, and have escalated this to their upper management. I have not provided any personal information to my tenant, and I have tested the verification procedure from their offshore team and have passed by their security verification with little verification by distracting them.

Again, I believe I have taken measures to stop and/or prevent this and yet after all my actions, my tenant easily is still able to access my account and make modifications.

See what the police or the local district attorney have to say.
At some point, it may be worth your while to hire an attorney to craft a letter and send it to the tenant and mortgage company.
It can't hurt you (nor will it cost you) just to discuss this matter with a couple local attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back