mortgage issue

Gregory Parrott

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
My current wife (going through divorce) has kept up on all bills at our marital home since I moved out aug 24 EXCEPT the mortgage. It is now 2 months behind and she does not care because she is only on the title not the mortgage. I forwarded her an email from the mortgage company asking why we are two months late and her response was 'please stop forwarding me your bills'. at this point my credit sucks so bad I'm not even worried about that. my concern is the kids getting kicked out of their home and her having nowhere to go. we have court nov 22 to fight for custody I want 50/50 she wants full but I also told her lawyer that if she loses that house I will be fighting for full custody because I have a place they can stay with me where I currently live with bunkbeds already setup for them!

My current wife (going through divorce) has kept up on all bills at our marital home since I moved out aug 24 EXCEPT the mortgage. It is now 2 months behind and she does not care because she is only on the title not the mortgage. I forwarded her an email from the mortgage company asking why we are two months late and her response was 'please stop forwarding me your bills'. at this point my credit sucks so bad I'm not even worried about that. my concern is the kids getting kicked out of their home and her having nowhere to go. we have court nov 22 to fight for custody I want 50/50 she wants full but I also told her lawyer that if she loses that house I will be fighting for full custody because I have a place they can stay with me where I currently live with bunkbeds already setup for them!

You think that your failure to pay for your house, per your obligation to the lender will somehow make you look better when trying to obtain custody?

Pay your bill.

if she loses that house

Reality check. It's not she that will lose the house, it's you that will lose it.

I have a place they can stay with me where I currently live with bunkbeds already setup for them!

She will find another place to live that is suitable for her and the children and acceptable by the court. She will get custody, you will get visitation, you will pay child support, maybe even spousal maintenance (alimony).

You want to FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT? You'll be making lawyers very happy as they transfer your money into their pockets.

current wife (going through divorce) has kept up on all bills at our marital home since I moved out aug 24 EXCEPT the mortgage

Why would ANYONE (especially a soon to be FORMER spouse) worry, fret, or stress about any bill NOT in her or his name?

The mortgage, by your own admission, is SOLELY your bill.
The note is in your name alone.

my credit sucks so bad I'm not even worried about that. my concern is the kids getting kicked out of their home and her having nowhere to go.

I doubt that your soon to be former spouse is going to be homeless, forcing her children into homelessness, too.

My guess is that she's not as stupid or as helpless as you think.

I'm guessing she's treading water as long as she can.

I bet she's already arranged for her new home, which is where she and her children will comfortably reside.

She's already paying her own way, and the children's way, too.

You didn't indicate that you are FINANCIALLY or EMOTIONALLY supporting the innocent children.

we have court nov 22 to fight for custody I want 50/50 she wants full but I also told her lawyer that if she loses that house I will be fighting for full custody because I have a place they can stay with me where I currently live with bunkbeds already setup for them!

Battles don't occur in any of our court rooms.

Litigants present their case, and a judge or jury decides.

The process works very well.

You seem to think you'll bully others into seeing your narrow, biased in your favor, point of view.

If you do as you allege, your soon to be former spouse will be rejoicing as she savors and digests a verdict providing all that she's seeking.

Back