Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct More the a School Thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurie

A student (high school senior, unknown if over or under 18) has been harassing another student by making derogatory comments about sexual orientation, making crude suggestions ("I want your butthole."), and poking said student with their fingers on the thigh, arm, and buttocks. Is there a mechanism to file a complaint against the offending student outside of the school policy protocols? The person being harassed is 15, both students are male, and the younger one has high functioning autism. The younger one did report the behavior and the school is addressing it with in school suspension, but I feel this is a more serious matter than sitting in the principal's office for a few days. Most of the information I have found is on how to file a complaint against the school, but at this point I have no desire to do so as my issue is with the student causing the problem, not with the school staff.

A student (high school senior, unknown if over or under 18) has been harassing another student by making derogatory comments about sexual orientation, making crude suggestions ("I want your butthole."), and poking said student with their fingers on the thigh, arm, and buttocks. Is there a mechanism to file a complaint against the offending student outside of the school policy protocols? The person being harassed is 15, both students are male, and the younger one has high functioning autism. The younger one did report the behavior and the school is addressing it with in school suspension, but I feel this is a more serious matter than sitting in the principal's office for a few days. Most of the information I have found is on how to file a complaint against the school, but at this point I have no desire to do so as my issue is with the student causing the problem, not with the school staff.

You can always speak with a law enforcement agency.

They will listen to your concerns and advise you accordingly.

Otherwise, I suggest you await the outcome of the school's investigation.

Absent threats or injury this harassment is very much a school issue. If they were adults the most appropriate remedy would be a restraining order but that doesn't seem very practical here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back