mold in new car

Charlie Cagle

I was trying to say I bought a 2017 ford focus with 9 miles on it from the dealer. I eminently started smelling a musty smell and in a week it started real bad like mold. We have not had any drinking, eating, smoking, or pets in the car at all. after you get out of the car you would smell like mold. I took it to the dealer the first time and he got his mechanic to check for something in or out of the car. the floorboard was not wet at that time. he told me to bring it back in a couple of weeks if the smell didn't go away. the car had about 600-700 miles on it. I took the car back in 2 weeks and left it at the dealership for 3 days. they could not find what the smell was. told me to bring it back in 2 weeks if it didn't get better. my daughter drives t for 2-3 weeks and the smell got worse. We could not park in our garage because of the smell. took it back the third time and left It for 3 weeks. when the service man would get in the car he said that people would complain about the way he smelled because of the car. They pulled the carpet and padding out. under the seats it was coverd in mo. They took the dash apart and found the drain holes in the ac was cramped when the car was assembled at the factory. they called me and said they replaced the carpet and padding because of the mold. I picked the car up and the smell is still bad. The dealership told me they could not do anything else to the car. At the dealership I asked to speak to the sales manager and he reffered me to a sales person. the sales man called me back in a short time and told me he could not sale it on his lot cause there is mold in it. ALL I ASK FOR IS TO GIVE ME A NEW WITHOUT MOLD AND SMELL!!!!!
corp. called me back today 8-18. ME FORD HAD NO BUY BACK

The dealer probably can't do much more than they have. You need to work this out under your warranty.
I'm not sure why you have to wait until the 23rd to talk to someone, but give them a chance to remedy the problem. Meanwhile review all your warranty information for something that addresses the issue.

My new 2017 focus with mold smell is getting worse. Ford corporate offices supposed to call. for the second time the 23 rd.
. I am hoping they will replace the car only has less than 2000 miles on it

My new 2017 focus with mold smell is getting worse. Ford corporate offices supposed to call. for the second time the 23 rd.
. I am hoping they will replace the car only has less than 2000 miles on it

I'm thinking you'll get a shiny, new car soon.

Hold on, help is on the way....

the 2017 ford focus mold inside the car from the dealership. I received a call from corporate ford today about 2017 focus. Corporate office told me we had no laws in Alabama to protect you from mold in car disregard health issues under the factory warrrent but. this focuses had a AC drain holds clamped when it was put together from the factory. So the car could not drain AC so mold started under the padding the car for nearly one month at the dealership. what should I do. I need legal help of

Your problem stems from a verified factory defect. If they won't honor your claim or make repair to your satisfaction then yes you need legal assistance. Talk with some local attorneys for guidance.

the 2017 ford focus mold inside the car from the dealership. I received a call from corporate ford today about 2017 focus. Corporate office told me we had no laws in Alabama to protect you from mold in car disregard health issues under the factory warrrent but. this focuses had a AC drain holds clamped when it was put together from the factory. So the car could not drain AC so mold started under the padding the car for nearly one month at the dealership. what should I do. I need legal help of

These people/agencies might be able to help you.
Legal Aid describes the steps you must take now to protect yourself later:

AlabamaLegalHelp.org | A guide to free and low-cost legal aid, assistance & services in Alabama

Your state AG might be able to assist you:

http://www.ago.state.al.us/File-Alabama-Motor-Vehicle-Lemon-Law

One more ray of hope:

Alabama Lemon Law - Car Lemon

Nonconforming condition.

Any condition of a motor vehicle which shall not be in conformity with the terms of any express warranty issued by the manufacturer to a consumer and which:

(i) significantly impairs the use, value or safety of the motor vehicle and
(ii) occurs or arises solely in the course of the ordinary use of the motor vehicle, and which does not arise or occur as a result of abuse, neglect, modification, or alteration of the motor vehicle not authorized by the manufacturer, nor from any accident or other damage to the motor vehicle which occurs or arises after such motor vehicle was delivered by an authorized dealer to the consumer

Nonconforming condition.

Any condition of a motor vehicle which shall not be in conformity with the terms of any express warranty issued by the manufacturer to a consumer and which:

(i) significantly impairs the use, value or safety of the motor vehicle and
(ii) occurs or arises solely in the course of the ordinary use of the motor vehicle, and which does not arise or occur as a result of abuse, neglect, modification, or alteration of the motor vehicle not authorized by the manufacturer, nor from any accident or other damage to the motor vehicle which occurs or arises after such motor vehicle was delivered by an authorized dealer to the consumer

That appears to be your most direct way to approach this dilemma.

<<<TAKE NOTE>>>

(7) Notice of a nonconforming condition.
A written statement which shall be delivered to the manufacturer and which shall describe the subject motor vehicle, the nonconforming condition, and shall describe all previous attempts to correct such nonconforming condition by identifying the person, firm or corporation who or which made such attempt, and the time when such attempt was made.

(8) Lemon law rights period.
The period ending one year after the date of the original delivery of a motor vehicle to a consumer or the first 12,000 miles of operation, whichever first occurs.

==========
==========

(b) If, after reasonable attempts, the manufacturer, its agent, or its authorized dealer is unable to conform the motor vehicle to any express warranty by repairing or correcting a nonconforming condition of the motor vehicle which first occurred during the lemon law rights period, the manufacturer shall, at the option of the consumer, replace the motor vehicle with a comparable new motor vehicle or shall accept return of the vehicle from the consumer and refund to the consumer the following:

(1) The full contract price including, but not limited to, charges for undercoating, dealer preparation and transportation charges, and installed options, plus the nonrefundable portions of extended warranties and service contracts;

(2) All collateral charges, including but not limited to, sales tax, license and registration fees, and similar government charges;

(3) All finance charges incurred by the consumer after he first reported the nonconformity to the manufacturer, its agent, or its authorized dealer; and

(4) Any incidental damages which shall include the reasonable cost of alternative transportation during the period that the consumer is without the use of the motor vehicle because of the nonconforming condition. There shall be offset against any monetary recovery of the consumer a reasonable allowance for the consumer's use of the vehicle. Refunds shall be made to the consumer, and any lien holders, as their interests may appear. A reasonable allowance for use is that amount directly attributable to use by the consumer before his first report of the nonconformity to the manufacturer, agent, or authorized dealer, and must be calculated by multiplying the full purchase price of the motor vehicle by a fraction having as its denominator 100,000 and having as its numerator the number of miles that the vehicle travelled before the first report of nonconformity.

Thanks for all your help . I spoke to corporate office today the 23rd. for the 3rd. time they still say ford has no buyback plan she would see what she could do but she deftly said they would be no return of the car. Corporate offices that they would call me by Monday and tell me what they will do

Thanks for all your help . I spoke to corporate office today the 23rd. for the 3rd. time they still say ford has no buyback plan she would see what she could do but she deftly said they would be no return of the car. Corporate offices that they would call me by Monday and tell me what they will do

Don't wait for the call without doing what your 'lemon law in AL" requires.

Read it again, contact your state AG if you wish, but write the required letter now, and make sure you send a copy to HQ.

Of course Ford won't do what you ask, but Ford will have to obey the law of AL.

Protect yourself, read the law, and make sure you write the "on notice" letter.

Back