Modification of Protection Order denied. What to do next?

mechita

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was granted an Order of Protection for Domestic Violence that summed to the Temporal Order, has totaled 7 months of separation from my husband.
Due to issues with the person transporting my child for the supervised visitation, I filed a motion to modify and drop the no contact part of the order, to be able to handle the visitation with my husband, since my toddler was being exposed to dangerous situations.
The Judge said that when I initially filed, my affidavit was very detailed, extense, with pictures, and that it seemed to her that I was being pressured, so she DENIED the modification. I wonder if the fact that there are still criminal charges to be addressed had something to do.
I want to give my husband a chance and save our marriage. Can I just tell this to the Judge? What to do?

sorry, duplicated...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can talk to a lawyer.
I suggest you continue to obey the order.
Yes, you guessed why the order was denied.

I asked if telling the Judge that I want to give my husband another chance and save our marriage is an enough compelling reason...

Short answer: No.

Is husband in treatment? Why do you want to stay with a man who abused you to the point that you sought an order of protection against him?

I asked if telling the Judge that I want to give my husband another chance and save our marriage is an enough compelling reason...

If I were the judge presiding over your case, I wouldn't rescind the restraining order based on your sudden change of heart.

I don't know what the judge sitting over your case would do.

Most likely not. However, there is no way for us to know what any individual judge will do/decide.

Back