Misuse of child support

D

Destiny holmes

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Hello. I Am A Minor And Felt The Need To Ask What To Do In A Situation That I Am In. My Mother Pays Child Support Since I Live With My Father. However, The Checks Have Been Misused For Himself Instead of Being used For Me And My Younger Brother's Needs. I No Longer Live With My Father. I Live With Someone Else And He Is Still Misusing The Checks For The Inappropriate Things. Who Should I Report This To As for I know This Is illegal on his behalf. Help please. Also what are the consequences of him misusing the child support checks

As far as I know, there are no laws anywhere that say that anyone, including the courts or the non-custodial parent, can tell the custodial parent how to spend the child support money they are receiving.

Parents who are receiving child support are not required to provide an accounting to anyone as to how they spend the money they are receiving. Child support payments, whether received by check or deposited directly to a bank account, are mingled with whatever other money the custodial parent has. Presumably the custodial parent is providing housing, food, clothing, etc. for the children but they are not required to prove how much of the child support they receives goes specifically to those things.

If you are no longer living with your Father, then Mother would have to go to court to stop paying support to Father. However if that happens, Father might just make you come back to his house.
Ms. Cynthia is absolutely right. The child support money does not have to be spent directly on things for you and brother. Your Father has to pay rent, electricity, insurance, car to take you places, and many other things to support the two of you.

Hello. I Am A Minor And Felt The Need To Ask What To Do In A Situation That I Am In. My Mother Pays Child Support Since I Live With My Father. However, The Checks Have Been Misused For Himself Instead of Being used For Me And My Younger Brother's Needs. I No Longer Live With My Father. I Live With Someone Else And He Is Still Misusing The Checks For The Inappropriate Things. Who Should I Report This To As for I know This Is illegal on his behalf. Help please. Also what are the consequences of him misusing the child support checks

Even a wonderful father such as yours, who spends the money on dope, booze, his GOOD kids he loves more than you,clothes, gambling, sexual services "workers:, or any other vice father may possess; is perfectly within his rights to feed you "Pork N Beans" or Bologna Sandwiches on three day old bread, while he eats lobster, boozes it up, shoots heroin, and entertains sexual services "workers" with the money your mother pays him is violating no law.

Yes, that's right, the money isn't yours, snowflake, its entirely, solely, exclusively for the abuse and misuse of ImPerfect Poppa Pumper.

You asked what consequences could befall your sweet poppa, didn't you, petunia?
NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO consequences negatively, sunflower.

Your Poppa will reap many pleasant, long lasting "highs", which will wash away any memories he may acquire of ungrateful, greedy, evil, little, rotten spawn.

Curses, foiled again!!!

Way to go, ImPerfect Poppa Pumper.

Even if you had a case, snowflake, you couldn't pursue it.
Why?
You're a minor, chestnut.
You precious gumdrops, minors that is, have ZERO rights.
Yes, minors have no rights and are what the law terms, "legal incompetents".
So, rose petal, you couldn't pursue your case in any court of law, because courts only recognize adults, buttercup.

There is no way to specifically spend child support. It's intended use is to be the other parent's share of what it costs to raise a child. So that means it can be used on rent, utilities, groceries, etc. It does not have to go directly to the child.

If you don't live with your father your mom should be going to court to modify custody and child support.

It's not illegal for him though. What do you mean "misusing" the checks?

Back