Other Immigration Law Misspelt Name in I 130 & DS 230

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIKGHAI

I am a LPR and have applied for immigrant visa for my wife and my daughter is a derivative benefiary. The NVC has completed the case on 19th May,2010 and sent the same to New Delhi consulate for interview on 6th August, 2010. Everything seemed to going fine when i suddenly realized that i have misspelled the name of my wife's father in both I 130 and DS 230 form submitted to NVC. Instead of Sujit i misspelled it as Sumit. The mistake was not noticed by me or NVC and now they have sent the case to New Delhi embassy. I have all the documentary proof like my Wife's birth certificate. biographic pages of her passport and marriage certificates to show the correct name of my wife's father. I am now worried how can i get this corrected or what do do. Hope it is not a fatal mistake and will delay my case. Can anyone advise me on it.

Also, I am currently in USA. I have not yet decided to personally attend my wife's interview at New Delhi Consulate. Is it important that I should be present or it will have no bearing on the interview result. Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back