Deportation, Re-entry Misdemeanour (Larceny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1help

Hi,

What does voluntarily Dismissed without a leave by DA in North Carolina??will that means conviction in immigration context?
I went to india and came back to US (POE:Chicago)in 2012 and in POE they have done separate interview in a room for 40 mins.
Will that cause a problem in second time port of entry while coming back from my home country??
Will that cause any issue for green card ??

Hi,

What does voluntarily Dismissed without a leave by DA in North Carolina??will that means conviction in immigration context?
I went to india and came back to US (POE:Chicago)in 2012 and in POE they have done separate interview in a room for 40 mins.
Will that cause a problem in second time port of entry while coming back from my home country??
Will that cause any issue for green card ??

Voluntarily dismissed without leave means a case was dismissed.
Furthermore, the DA cannot ever pursue those particular charges against the Defendant.
In essence, the case is dead.

Will the underlying arrest affect your immigration status?
The time to have debated that was before a person embarked upon a criminal enterprise.

You might wish to discuss all of this with the proper Homeland Security authorities, or an immigration attorney.

Nothing told to you here should be acted upon (relied upon) unless you've followed it up with YOUR attorney.

With computers these OLD charges will consistently cause a person angst and stress.

I have a client, a very successful person, who was arrested over 30 years ago for two DUIS about a week apart.
He also was charged with assaulting the police on the 2nd arrest.
He travels internationally frequently.
Some might think his name is associated with terrorism.
He's no terrorist, and has had no other trouble in 30 years.
He gets detained, searched, interrogated every time he returns from abroad.
He also gets detained by Canadian authorities.
He's been held up to 4 hours.
He's used to it, and some of them remember him.
He said they told him, it'll never stop.
Great country, huh? He's a naturalized US citizen.
So, who knows these days, when everyone is guilty because someone said they look guilty or they have a guilty name.

Voluntarily dismissed without leave means a case was dismissed.
Furthermore, the DA cannot ever pursue those particular charges against the Defendant.
In essence, the case is dead.

Will the underlying arrest affect your immigration status?
The time to have debated that was before a person embarked upon a criminal enterprise.

You might wish to discuss all of this with the proper Homeland Security authorities, or an immigration attorney.

Nothing told to you here should be acted upon (relied upon) unless you've followed it up with YOUR attorney.

With computers these OLD charges will consistently cause a person angst and stress.

I have a client, a very successful person, who was arrested over 30 years ago for two DUIS about a week apart.
He also was charged with assaulting the police on the 2nd arrest.
He travels internationally frequently.
Some might think his name is associated with terrorism.
He's no terrorist, and has had no other trouble in 30 years.
He gets detained, searched, interrogated every time he returns from abroad.
He also gets detained by Canadian authorities.
He's been held up to 4 hours.
He's used to it, and some of them remember him.
He said they told him, it'll never stop.
Great country, huh? He's a naturalized US citizen.
So, who knows these days, when everyone is guilty because someone said they look guilty or they have a guilty name.

Will that means a Conviction in immigration context ???

Will that means a Conviction in immigration context ???

It might just mean they'll keep harassing you, like my friend.
Or, they might start actions to deport you.
Only the powerful authorities know what they do and when they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back