Misdemeanor for being in park after hours

Omar314

I got a misdemeanor ticket for being at the park after hours i was wondering what i have to do.? And im on probation i was wondering if that makes things worse l need help i just want to get this cleared.

No telling if probation makes it worse... That depends on how your probation officer feels about it. You had better inform your probation officer before someone else does.
I'm not sure why this is a misdemeanor, but I bet it can also be handled as a simple infraction. Was this a city or county park or one of the state parks? What was the offense code? PC 602? Something else?

I got a misdemeanor ticket for being at the park after hours i was wondering what i have to do.? And im on probation i was wondering if that makes things worse l need help i just want to get this cleared.

You appear in court, where and when directed, plead NOT guilty, (hire a lawyer or request the court appoint one to represent you, if your finances qualify you for a taxpayer funded lawyer), admit nothing, say nothing, wait.

You also need to report ALL police contacts to your PO.
This one the PO will learn about, sooner or later, so don't think it'll slip by your PO unnoticed.
yes, a NEW criminal charge while on probation can negatively impact your current probation status.
Again, report this to your PO, and he or she will further instruct you.

Talk to your PO. You might also be able to get this reduced from a misdemeanor - you could run it by a lawyer.

Municipal codes in CA are most often misdemeanors. These can be - and often are - filed as infractions and handled in traffic court. You should know better when you are arraigned (the court date on the citation).

Im on informal probation but dont have a PO so idk how that works
What will happen if i go to court im not trying to get jail time.
Would me getting this ticket as misdemeanor affect me.?

Last edited:
You won't get jail time. At most it will be a fine.
If you don't have a PO to report to then I wouldn't worry about it much. Informal probation isn't really probation at all. This is a petty matter they aren't likely going to care about unless it included vandalism, dug use, etc.

Back