Criminal Law misdeaminor assult and green card / citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfuture11

I had a misdemeanor on my record with assault charges. It happened in 2009. I got arrested, pleaded guilty to assult. Originial charge was stalking. I paid $100 fine with 6 months suspended jail time which i passed successfully and never been into jail. Came to United states in 2007. Now i am thinking what would be the impact of this conviction if i apply for citizenship or green card renewal. I discussed with a immigration attorney before pleading guilty to this charge, and he said that this is not deportable. I need further advice on that one. Can i renew my green card easily ? can i apply for citizenship after 5 years? This is my only conviction and i learned my lesson from that one. I need advice on 3 questions
(1) can i renew my green card?
(2) some of the attorneys i discussed, they said that i can't go back for a visit to my country for 5 years, so its about one more years in 5 years so can i go back to my home country without effecting my green card after 5 years?
(3) can i apply for citizenship after 5 years and get citizenship in a normal procedure like everyone or do i need to hire an attorney after that?
Thank you

No, you're violent, stalk innocent citizens, and have anger issues. You'll never get a Green Card, just a Red Card. You'll be arrested, tortured, sexually molested, and returned to your homeland.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Did your attorney(s) not answer all the questions you have?

Virginia misdeaminor assult and green card / citizenship

He said at that time that it is not a deportable issue, now before going back to him, i need further advice from people because i have been reading posts on this posts, so thought of getting further advice what other experts have their opinion about my situation.

I was reading some other posts here, and someone said that the immigration services ignore the first offense but not the second one or more, so in my case, is it not the scenario?

Hold on/check back - someone on the forum "might" have some additional information for you.

I don't have a link to a post. My 1st reply suggested you go by what your lawyer said if you asked him your questions. Since you seem though to want what your lawyer said verified & more information, my 2nd reply suggested you check back & see if a responder on this forum "might" give you any more information. I don't know near as much about immigration law as some of the responders.

You did get a reply from one other responder re the green card. So far, apparently, no one else who has looked at your post has had a reply for you. All responders on this law forum are not experts in immigration law. The law forum is on various topics.

Thank you for your response betty.
actually when those things happening, i didnt asked him about the future perspective for example green card renewal and citizenship, the only thing i consulted was that if pleaded guilty to that charge, make me deportable. I have time for my green card to expire so ill see if anyone responder said, ill definitely go by what my lawyer would say about it as at this point i didnt discussed it with him.
Thank you very much

AJ - reading is fundamental.

OP already HAS a green-card.

OP, you need to consult with your attorney again.

AJ - reading is fundamental.

OP already HAS a green-card.

OP, you need to consult with your attorney again.

Oh, I know he says he has a Green Card.

He also indicates he wants to go outside the US for a visit to his homeland.

He now wants to renew his Green Card.

The renewal of said card appears to be his problem for two reasons, according to his recitation of the facts.

My reference to his getting a Green Card was relative to him asking about renewing the card.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HDin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back